Monday, October 6, 2008

Runnin down a dream

ok the title doesn't really fit since this post will likely have nothing to do with dreams. The past week has been ok. Lisa has moved in and we got just over a week still our house possetion. Wooo hooooooooo, the shingles need to be replaced on it and with some thought I've decided to do it myself. It maybe be a lil tough but I've done that type of stuff before. Mostly framed houses and as Greg reminded me that framers don't do roofs, well lets just go with I've done some before on the side ok? It'll save us thousands in labour and it'll be kinda of like me working a little extra to pay off some house furniture, appliances, etc. Hopefully we get some nice fall weekends. It gets dark too early now to do any work in the evening.

My running has been ok, but I don't feel fit. The week before our trip I felt ok and had hopes of doing a fall half marathon maybe the last chance here in Calgary? However, since returning home I've felt sluggish and suddenly I feel the altitude. What the heck? I've only been gone for a week to sea level, and I did some running there, how could it affect me this much? Oh well I ran 3-4 days last week and I'll try to fit in 4-5 this week. We'll see how I feel by next weekend. This sunday Curtis and I got together for a run around the res. It's one of our fav. routes, but as I said I felt sluggish. Curtis kept pushing ahead slightly, I could tell I was slowing him down. Usually we push ahead together, now it was all him. I'm hoping after another good week of running I'll be back to normal. Normal? Like it's normal to do 10 plus miles at sub 8 min pace talking the whole way. Oh well it's normal for us.

I don't feel like swimming/biking yet. Not sure what I'm going to do about tomorrow, it's the first spin class at Triit. I think I've biked once or twice since IM. Yikes!! It's going to hurt!! Oh well that's pretty much it for me, I should get back to work. This time I wrote on my lunch break though so I don't feel so bad. I've been bringing lunch to work faithfully lately to try to save some money. It sure helps when my sandwiches are made in the morning, thanks Lisa you are the best!!

4 comments:

Trevor Oseen said...

Hahaha. I remember our conversion on the "writing" thing. G/L on the roofing. I would help but I would probably shingle your walls instead of the roof. Remember, I count beans.

Susi said...

sign up for last chance!!!! i'd help out with the roof...but i don't do heights. sorry! :)

Julie said...

Good for you for saving your money and bringing sandwiches - you'll be surprised how much you save! Lisa is a doll! :):)

Good luck at tackling the shingle situation too. Darryl -- the DO-It-Yourselfer. Hee-hee!

You'll be back and running in no time -- the fatigue just affects us all in different ways. :)

Jenna said...

please wear a safety harness or something on the roof.....