Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm tagging me!!!

Greg mentioned to me that he might not even play, so I'm guessing we can skip him ok? So just in case he changes his mind, first check his blog here http://irongreg.blogspot.com/ before you read mine. And yes Kelsey you're up next so start thinking, or maybe you've started your own thing with the 7 days of kelsey? Either way in no particular order here are mine.

#1 When I was a kid I fell down the stairs with the famous walker and became one of the statistics that took that thing off the market forever. I cracked my skull too, the nurses were gave my Mom looks that chilled her to the bone. Imagine not only having your toddler in the hospital, but also doctors/nurses questioning you for signs of abuse or neglect. And yes that explains a few other things about me(the hitting my head part), duhhh

#2 I like a good action flick, but by far the movies that I love the most are the ones that hit me here(thumping chest) inspire me, move me. Some movies just to list a few Rudy, A knights tale, Iron Will, Invincible, remember the titans, Radio. Yes often true sports stories.

#3 I'm a high school drop out. I still have never graduated from high school, although I do have a GED which I needed to get my BA. I went through grade 12 but failed a bunch of courses and didn't have enough credits to graduate. I got a good full time job so I didn't bother finishing up.

#4 I have an addictive personality. Well ok that may seem obvious since I'm training for Ironman, but it hits other parts of my life too. For example I'm hooked on World of Warcraft. I was able to give it up last year to train all spring/summer, but I missed it and the moment I was done IMC and had the extra time from the recovery I went back. I'm also addicted to pop, at times I can control it and even quit it for a month, but I always go back and can polish up 2 litres in one evening. YUCK!!!

#5 I'm extremely lazy. I dislike doing chores, unless I can challenge myself in a physical way, ie shoveling snow, or carrying in the groceries, taking out the trash. Worst chore - CLEANING THE BATHROOMS!!!

#6 I played hockey when I was a kid, till Jr. C level. As I grew my stick handling abilities went, but I was solid on my feet so I became a bruiser. I even dropped the gloves one time and still have the scars on my nuckles if I look closely. My big claim to fame in hockey was when we went to provincials in Thompson MB. and I hit a guy really hard into the boards and broke his collar bone. I was a hero!! I started running when I quit hockey for fear of getting fat.

#7 I was a bed wetter. Yup that's right, many kids have this problem, and for what ever reason I had the problem right into my teens. Extremely embarrassing going to a summer camp and having to lie to other kids about why there was plastic on my bunk. I was scared to death about anyone finding out. Lucky my counsellers knew and avoided the discussion with the other kids. This is probably why I'm such a Momma's boy, my mom NEVER EVER gave me heck for it. She understood that it was extremely embarrassing for me and always changed my bed with out complaining even if it meant getting up in the middle of the night to change the sheets.

You're it Kelsey, you got the official nod-------------->http://ctapp2007wiens.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Susi said...

Rudy is one of Greg's favourite movies too! Too funny about the walker....well in a looking back now that we know you are ok, kind of funny!!

Yup, you are definitely not a quitter. Got your GED (VERY cool!), does Ironman and won't quit the penny dissolving cola, haha. (Just teasin ya)

Julie said...

Thanks for sharing these things, Darryl!

God it's so funny -- I was in diapers until I was 5 years old. I remember my Dad made a joke that I had to get off the toilet quickly or I would get sucked down the hole -- I was too terrified to go after that.

I remember hunkering down behind an old recliner in the linoleum-clad living room to take a poop. My Mom was saying, "Julie! Don't do it!" But I did it anyways and I remember saying, "Don't worry Mom, I'll clean it up." Hahahahaha!!

So -- you are back to the World of WarCrack eh? Hahahahahaha! Mike goes in spurts of addiction too -- his fave was the old Star Wars, but nowadays, it's all about Conan.

:):) :)

kelsey said...

woo! Very impressive. It's interesting how the things that shape us as kids.

I too love a good action movie! Ironman was awesome !

i am Susan said...

Wow, that a lot of info. You should get on the kid wagon soon. I just got Simon to clean all 3 off the toilets as punishment for peeing on the lid...good way to get out of chores...pro-create slaves : )

Merry Christmas, you guys. Hopefully we can get together in the new year a few times.

Anonymous said...

Thanks D,Merry Christmas to you as well,All the best in 2009!!!Later,Cam.

Trevor Oseen said...

Brother, Police Half Registration opens for walk-ins at the tech shop at noon today.

T