Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Pictures to come

Hey,

It's been awhile since I posted anything. I do have a link to the race pictures. They are quite pricey but since it's my first ironman I'll be shelling out the cash to get them. It's been just over a week since I crossed the finish line and I'm feeling the crash. The training and eventually the race builds up to a huge climax so there's no where to go but down. I'm in good spirits, just have no real goal anymore and I'm kind of winding down.

I've thought about doing other races, possible a triathlon or a running race, but I don't really have the desire. I just want to take a long break and start training again for the fun of it. You loose a lot of the enjoyment(or at least I do) when you train in huge volumn. I am already looking forward to signing up for my next big event. It'll probably be Ironman Canada 2008 which means I'd have to go there the weekend of the race in 2007 and sign up for 2008 the day after. It sounds like we'll make a road trip out of it(Cam, Curtis, and I) Cam is for sure in for the race and Curtis is mulling it over in his head. He wants to do one badly but doesn't know for sure yet if he can commit himself to the training time. He'll do it for sure some day, it's just a question of when. Either way it'll be a blast to go there and watch, experience it from a spectator vantage point. All the excitement of the race, minus the nerves. Here is the link to the race pics.

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=15308&BIB=555

No comments: