Friday, July 20, 2007

Training tid bits

Hey,

Feels like forever since my last post. I guess I'm just chillin training when ever I want. Most of it is just running, I think I've ran the last 3-4 days now. I run easy if I'm tired/sore and run harder if I feel good.

I'm looking forward to going to Penticton with Curtis and Cam. Maybe we can do a long run out there on the weekend. Swimming in the lake would be cool too, it'd give Curtis a chance to do some real swimming(open water). Hopefully Cam's spare wetsuit will fit him.

Last weekend I got a chance to train with two newbs on Sat. and Sun. I love doing this as I feed off the enthusiasim that they have for their new found endurance sports. First off I ran with Bill P. from work. He's kinda new to running and is all pumped up about training and running races. He's currently training for a half marathon in fall. He's the guy from my "Humbled" post. It was super hot and a good day for a run, 30 degrees plus. We went out to do a 10k, but ended up doing 9 miles. I can't believe the guy has just started running and already doing long runs like that in severe heat. I also got to take Curtis out on his first real ride. It went really well and am encouraged to say that Curtis is a natural. At first the ride started really slow, Curtis was really hesitant to go faster. I guess he doesn't really trust the bike and over all felt like he was in unchartered territory. Well, but the end of the ride I was pickin it up a bit and he stuck with me with out a problem. His heart rate stayed low the whole ride except for some hills and some wind, but his fitness is great so his only concern for the bike is his comfort. GOOD JOB Curtis!! I look forward to plenty more long rides and am glad to add a riding partner for Ironman training next summer.

Anyways I've been hangin with my Bro from Manitoba, although I've been still running. He roller blades beside me(and up ahead). I even got Terry(my brother) out to the res. to roller blade and meet Curtis for a loop around. I had some health problems related to food and asthma, but it wasn't too bad and we had fun despite the injesting flies while running. Take care all, have a great weekend,

Darryl

No comments: