Thursday, August 9, 2007

Injured

Hey,

It's been awhile since I last posted and I'm sure the few that were reading have by now given up on any new postings. I guess I had no real news and haven't really been training at all except the odd run with Curtis or on my own. Either way I still managed to get injured!! Weird since I've only run once or twice a week on average since Ironman. I still managed to hurt my calf, exactly the same place that I pulled it like three weeks before the race. Massage theropy seemed to get rid of it, but now it came back about a week ago. I took almost a full week off of running and tryed to run on it yesterday. I had to quit after like 20 min, in that time off it seemed to get worse. Crazy, but I remember getting injured other times after a big race when not even training that much. I really wanted to get my running going again and try to run a good fall half marathon. We'll see how things go, I'm not too worried as the big race is done and I"m really just running for fitness right now, I'm also sooooo thankful that the injury stayed away till after the race. It makes me think how much the massage must have helped to get the last training in and do the race with out problems. I look forward to signing up for IMC and getting the real training underway. Cheers,

Darryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey,d,sorry to hear about your present state of calf injury.Keep of it,or try to recover it easily.

Shoot me a pm later & we will talk about what is going on for Penticton......Later,Cam.