Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back running

Hey,

Well I ran yesterday again and I'm happy to say there was no calf pain. I thought it would flare up again as I could feel the knot there at the start(no pain just feel the tightness). As I ran it cleared up and there was no pain or discomfort at all. There's no pain today too which makes me happy. If there's one thing I learned from running, it's not to F*#% around with injuries. Give them the proper rest. That most of the time means time off(no running). Before ironman when this calf thing came up, I immediately stopped running for a bit and went for massage. No chances were taken.

Anyways, looking forward to the ironman trip and starting my training again. This year I want to concentrate on my biking. I think I'll clean up my positioning, maybe get a professional fitting, some race wheels, and a whole lot more training. I was happy with the bike time this year, but there's sooo much time to be saved on the bike given the length of time and distance. I'll also work on my swim this winter, I know I can save some time there as well. The run will always be my fav/strength but I think getting stronger on the swim/bike will allow me to have a good marathon and use my running strength. These are just some thoughts, why do another ironman if I don't want to go faster? The best way to do that is to analyze and execute(no brainer here).

No comments: