Monday, December 10, 2007

FoilMan Anyone?

Hey,

I also have a question for those of you that are doing Ironman Canada. I've been reading about a foilman that they do in the Ironman Lake Placid venue. I've always wanted to do it, it seems like such a good training "race". It's put on by some guy on slowtwitch and there's really no entry fee, just a bunch of people getting together to do a Ironman dry run so to speak. It's self supported and meant to be a day of training among friends. You basically go out and swim 3.8k or an hour which ever comes first. We'd def. swim an hour, I'm not measuring water distance. Then ride the full distance 180km. Then top it off with a half marathon. The idea is to get some running with tired legs, plus running takes the longest to recover from that's why you don't do the full distance. Anyways I was gonna ask if people were interested in doing this? There's a bunch of us that are about the same pace cycling wise, I few people I thought of were Cam, Curtis, Trevor?, Susan?, any other friends you think of?. The run it wouldn't really matter if we break up, or we could plan to stick together the whole way. I'd be happy to kinda plan it, find a location, route, etc. Maybe let me know if you're interested? It would be lots of fun, the more the merrier, and I'd suggestwe def. stick together on the bike. It's meant to be a fun day of training, not a competition. So reply to this if you think you're interested. I'll ask you folks personally if I don't get answers. :P Cam that means you have to come out for it, or heck maybe we all wanna go out there. If we find out there there is a need for two paces on the bike we could do that even. As long as there are at least two together, maybe they could plan to start the run at the same time as the faster grp, just maybe biking a little less. w/e this is just an Idea, I'm open to suggestions. Later,

Darryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey D, I am in,but I will find it hard to get time off in July!!!What would be cool is a weekend in Golden.Or Invermere,say a 1 hour swim in the lake ,then ride from Inv. to Golden,then run the half marathon.still a good training day!!!Let me know what ya think.Hope everything else is going well for you.Later,Cam.

Trevor Oseen said...

Sounds interesting. Our schedule is flexible so we just need to set a date.

T