Friday, September 12, 2008

Un-structured training

Hey there,

I got bored at work, so as you will notice my page takes a bit longer to load. Sorry Cam, your dial up may not like it too much. Don't worry two of em will be down quickly. I really like the Ironman one. :) I guess it wasn't really bored, cause I have lots of work to do, I just don't want to do it. That can still be bored right?

Oh well as I was sayin unstructured training, it's all of those things that you avoid in your build up for that race. If that's picking crab apples, mowing the grass, going for a walk with the spouse(make sure you keep them happy), or other things with the spouse that you may have been too tired to do after the long training sessions. For me I'm still training, think I've done 4 runs now and one leasurely ride along the paths. My workouts are based on the weather, I love gettin out there to run or ride, not so much swim, and I don't want winter yet. So the unstructured part mainly is the fact that I don't have to do it if I want. I love to run, but sometimes we get tired of IG pushin us around, telling us what to do. hee hee It's great to finally be the boss, my body is fully recovered, but my mind isn't. That's why I need to focus on what I want to do, stuff that takes no energy to convince myself to do. :) Happy unstructured training everyone. K, I should do some work, cheers,

Darryl

6 comments:

Steven said...

Hey Darryl. Good job on the Ironman. I still think you're a bit crazy.

Congrats on the wedding - hope it goes well in Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

Unstructured is Great,That's how I did my whole year this year.
Good to see that ya got suckered in for another ironman race.It is a great lifestyle,just funny that people keep on doing them...Enjoy the offseason!!!

Iron Greg said...

Is ok for you to be the boss for awhile... but soon I WILL BE the mean , nasty coach again - pushing and pulling you in every which direction so that you won't know which side is up or down, left or right!!!
Hee hee :)
Happy offseason!!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Congrats on buying a house and the upcoming wedding! That is awesome! Also, how did you get in to IMC??

runningman said...

They opened IMC up again to the general public. I guess a lot of people couldn't or didn't honor their tickets.

Jenna said...

wow - that wedding counter is ticking away!!! have fun!