Thursday, September 11, 2008

Recovered

Hey there,

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. I don't post when I have nothing to say, but if I have too much going on(lots to talk about) I won't post either. Weird huh? So when do I post? Well I would have posted earlier but I wanted to get some pictures up, now I realize that may never happen, if it does I'll just put them up on another day.

The recovery has been good, I didn't do anything for the first two weeks. Nothing, na da. I think now I've run 4 times, no swimming, no riding. Running is my main thing I guess, I'll always fall back on that. It gives me the most satisfaction. Yesterday I actually went longer and ended up doing 14km. Yeah longer then normal, the weather was awesome, I feel great(still felt great after the run).

K, lets see what else has been going on. Well the big day is coming up. We are leaving on the 20th for Maui to finally tie the knot. This girl I know has agreed to become my wife, no I didn't need to get her drunk or drug her to have her agree. So if you guys/gals have any warnings for her, you better hurry cause she's going through with it as of Sept 23. :)

They're ending the 40 yr/no money down thing so we had to quickly decide and buy a house. At first it seemed really tough. Our spending range made it difficult to find a lot of possibilities, but we managed to find one and are in the process of signing all the papers. It's official, we move in on Oct. 14. I couldn't be happier to get out of my neighborhood since someone tryed to steal my car a couple nights ago. They didn't steal it, but broke up the steering column completely. It's not the first time someone's tryed that(on a dif. car).

I think I'll be signing up for IMC 2009. I had thought about doing Cozumel, but there are too many unknowns like money, time off and where I spend it, etc. I like IMC and have only done it once, I like the course so why not do it one more time before I try somthing else. Hopefully I get in, my number didn't work on Sept 8 and I thought I was SOL, but they're opening it up again online for the general public. Maybe more people tryed to enter on the 8th like me??

Anyways I'll try to post some pics later, my mom came into town for a visit last weekend too and I have some pics of us going for a little hike. She hemmed Lisa's dress so that was nice for her to be involved(we're going alone to Maui). She also picked up some of my IM pics so she can brag to all her friends back home about her son rockin to a speedy 10:46, ha ha Next year we'll try to go even faster, Greg said I could so don't any of you tell me otherwise!!

9 comments:

kelsey said...

Congrats on both counts! October 14th is my birthday! It's a great day!

Jenna said...

and congrats on the house - look slike you have big changes in store in the near future...when is the baby coming...hahaha!!!

Jenna said...

i was only kidding

Jenna said...

slap me - its ok

runningman said...

LOL

Keith said...

Hey congrats on the wedding, and the house and the baby. No, wait, that's jenna's comment!

Isn't unstructured training fun? I was just getting back into the unstructured training when I became somewhat unstructured myself, and had to put it off a bit.

runningman said...

Ahhhhh but that's the thing Keith unstructured can mean anything but structured. The only way to become un-unstructured is to become structured. Make sense? Even no training is unstructured. and ty all, you guys are the best blogger family a guy/gal could ever have.

Susi said...

a big hearty congratulations to you and lisa!! may your future be filled with peace, love and happiness.

Julie said...

Congratulations Darryl! Make sure you post the pics of the wedding. :) :)

I like your comment about unstructured training -- my unstructured training routine looks like this:

1. Get up out of bed, get something to eat, and then go lie down on the couch.

2. Haul the ladder outside and pick crab apples.

3. Go back to bed.

LOL!!!

Here's to IMC 2009!! :) :) :)