Friday, August 29, 2008

Pictures


Comin into Penticton, waiting for construction to clear up so we can drive the last few kms. Somthing that occured to me later, when you look at this pic what do you see? Do you appreciate the beauty of the rainbow, the lake wayyyy below and the mountains, or are you more concerned about the traffic and how you are going to overcome it. Just a ramdom thought I had, I believe we considered both, ha ha so I don't completely fail.
This is Curtis, what a poser eh? That's lake Okanagan down below.
Wooooo we are both looking slick and fast for Aug. 24th. This is in the hotel.
We are IRONMANS!!!! Ok not quite yet. ha ha









The calm before the storm. This is the race start area.









The pro start 15 min. before us Age Groupers.









Getting close, can you feel the tension?










Awayyyyyy we go!









A lot of bikes, you can see me takin off eager to get this ride started.







This is yellow lake pass, it's beautiful and comes at a tough point in the race 140-150km into the ride. Lisa awaits my arrival.







Ooops a little swapped around, here's my exit out of the lake.










The start of the bike, yes I do occasionally look where I'm going.










Richter Pass, 11km of climbing broken up in 3 sections.










Finally on my way up Yellow Lake. 30k to go and then a marathon.










The start of the marathon, who's that yelling my name??










So focussed.











Good pace, feeling good.








Along lake skaha, aprox 15km into the marathon.











Ohhhhh the finish is soo close, the legs are there I just can't feel them. I'm back into town, under 5km to go.










Finish!!











Ohhhh yeah baby, Ironman #2 feels good!!

9 comments:

runningman said...

I've wasted enough time on this stupid program, so there you have it pictures. :)

Iron Greg said...

Looks great D-man!!! Great pics and where did you get that hot-looking jersey? :-)

Jenna said...

great pictures!!!!

Julie said...

You rocked that course Darryl!! Way to effing go!!!! :) :):)

Lisa Ulrich said...

Nice pictures!! Looks like it was an awesome day!

Susi said...

two words: ROCK STAR!!!

awesome pics!

Iron Greg said...

Love the new header picture!!!

kelsey said...

Awesome Pics! Your look so much better then mine!
It looks like you had such a fantastic day!

Kelly B. said...

Good job on a great race!