Monday, August 18, 2008

Final Prep

Hey all,

I'm sitting here at work wondering what I'm forgetting. I'm actually not feeling the greatest, kinda weak, almost feverish(it could be all in my head). But I'm not panicking just yet, no reason to do so. I have a few days and I'll make sure I get my sleep,water,good food, etc. I have so much work, but I don't want to. My head is already thinking of the final preparations. The final workouts, what I have to do when I get to Penticton, and trying to remember if there's anything I need to get yet? Nutrition, bike ready, clothing, wetsuit, googles, running shoes, helmet, sunglasses, etc. I think it's all there, I'll go over it all in more detail.

I'm leaving wednesday(20th). Gonna make the full drive all at once. I think I'll leave around 10ishAM, driving out with my buddy Curtis. He'll be in his van, but his family isn't going out yet. I think they'll come out friday or saturday?

Thursday I'll register, maybe go for a open water swim. If anyone wants in I'm meeting a few friends by the big boat(I forget what it's called) everyone is welcome!! We're meeting at 10 am. Then register probably and go for a 30 min bike ride. I may get the rental wheels and head to Yellow Lake to try that descent with the zipp wheels. I know the winds may change some from race day, but I think it still may help knowing what it feels like and how to brace with the winding turns. Richter is pretty straight, it won't be a problem there. I think there is a IG dinner later on.

Friday will be off of training, just got the Carb loading dinner in the evening. Meet some friends there, call me??? (403 710 9716)

Saturday I may do a short swim/bike/run. Bring the bike in, and do a quick meeting with Coach Greg and the gang. They'll do a transition walk through, swim, tips, etc.

Sunday race dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Good luck to everyone I hope you all kick ass, meet all your goals, and most importantly get to the finish line in one piece. I'll have my cell there if you want to get a hold of me 403-710-9716 and I think we may have internet you can also add me to your msn runningman75@hotmail.com. It's also my email address. Cheers, talk to you all soon,

Darryl

PS: if you're dying to know how I am doing you may follow my progress through out the day if you go to www.ironmanlive.com There should be a link to Ironman Canada and then to athlete tracker. My number is 370 I think? They may even have some cams set up at the finish line and/or another place to watch. This can be kinda tricky knowing when I'll run by. Cheers,

5 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Good luck this weekend and kick some a%$!! I will try and track you and Leslie on the ironmanlive page. Hope the weather is nice for you guys.

Susi said...

funny...i am not racing this weekend yet was thinking all the same stuff!! i'm so stoked about being out there and cheering everyone on. you've worked hard for this and you will have an amazing race!!

see you there. drive safe.

Trevor Oseen said...

Cool man.

We are staying at the Summerland Motel from Thursday to Tuesday. My cell phone # is 403-993-4012 and Susan's is 403-510-5041.

I think the 10am swim on Thursday is out as we will be staying in Vernon on Weds night and won't get into town until noonish (sleep in yeah!)

Lisa Ulrich said...

Way to go Darryl!! I just checked out the results and you did awesome!! That must be a PB! Hopefully you had fun out there!

Ironmarcel said...

Hi Darryl,
Congratulation for your fantastic IM Canada. I note that you have the cap of CdA :-))
Kind regards, Marcel (Suisse)