Thursday, August 21, 2008

Swim and dinner at Salty's

Curtis and I planned to meet for a swim first thing in the morning. I found it terrible to get out of bed. I'm not sure why I was soo tired, anyways I didn't quite make it on time. The plan was for a 10 am swim and I parked wayyyy to far away. The meeting place was the big boat. Curtis is always late so I thought I'd be fine, but alas he was on time today! Boy he must be rarin to go. :) With the long walk over to the boat(I parked at the other end, near the expo) it got me 10:20 before I could get there. Curtis wasn't there, I waited and waited, still no Curtis. It happens I figured he had slept in longer. Finally I decided I'd get my wetsuit on and swim, just as he walks up. I guess I had just missed him cause he figures he left at 10:20, arggggggggg. Oh well we got in for a pretty long swim, did almost all of the bouy line to the peach and back. The water was comfy, apparently it wasn't so comfy on wednesday.

So after the swim we ambled over to the expo, thought we might register if the line isn't too long. The line was long so we just walked around the expo, tryed some stuff, checked out IMC schwag in the tent. The jersey's looked really cool this year. I wanted to get one then, but I thought I'd wait a bit. Maybe not too long though, I think they'll sell out. Greg was around, he also was going to register but wasn't too keen on waiting that long. That's ok we'll all come back later and getter done. The race day wheels guys were there so I thought I'd get my bike and get the 606 combo since they didn't look too busy at the moment.

Got the wheels on my bike and met the IG gang at Salty's for dinner. I had salmon and it was very tasty, we all got to chat about our races. Discussed strategy, nutrition and generally tryed to encourage each other. Some looked nervous, I don't think I am yet, just excited to be there. Who am I kidding I was nervous, just not freakin out nervous yet. That comes race morning.

No comments: