Saturday, August 23, 2008

The big dance is tomorrow

Ok I'm starting to hit some more reality. Where has the time gone? I'm doing an Ironman tomorrow!!! Ok well today was kinda crazy, so much stuff to do. First off I went for a early morning swim with the IG grp. Picked up my wetsuit and found that he didn't do that great of a job, but I didn't complain when he only asked for 10 bucks. He fixed the seam alright(I forgot to mention there was a seam's thread that was unraveling) and put some glue/silicon on some of the cracks, but clearly missed some.

Ok we met for the swim, I stuck with Mark and Greg, practiced swimming on their feet. I'm getting better at that. I may try to draft more for this race in the swim, I'll try to find someone who's swimming straight and steady and stay on their feet. That'll also save me some body contact since he'll do the plowing and also allow me to not have to sight as much. We'll see how that goes. The swim done and on to the transition talk. We couldn't actually get into the transition as they were still setting some stuff up. Greg was patient, answering all of out questions, some were starting to freak out. Most of us kept our composure, and or tryed to hide it. lol I did a bit of both, I'm excited, nervous, pumped, staying calm all in one package. hee hee.

So we chatted for a bit in front of transition(we did a full loop around with the IG tour) till I decided enough was enough I want my damn jersey. So I went off to the expo to buy a few things, I also needed a gel flask, some water bottles and ended off with some cycling shorts and a timex watch to boot. Off to meet Lisa and then for dinner? I can't remember what else I did, I know there was more. Oh yeah I went for a short bike and run. I cycled to the transition from our hotel and when I got back, Lisa was ready to go run with me. Woooo hoooo maybe I'm rubbing off on her a bit? This is really the first time I've ran with her, she runs really well. It was just like 10 min since it was getting hot and I need to get off my feet.

We had to get me a ankle strap for my timing chip since I had failed to buy one at registration and now they were all packed up. Thank goodness the Bike Barn ended up having them so I picked one up there. So finally I had everything I needed for race day. One thing I really don't like about IM is all the running around. There's always somthing to sign up for, attend, things to purchase for the big day, workouts, and of course food/fluids. I kinda messed it up today, by the time I had everything and dropped my bags/bike off at transition I was starving. Sooooo bad to do the day before the big event.

We met Cam and Curtis pretty quick there and sat down for a cozey dinner. We were all scrunched up on a little table. I guess we kept adding how many people were going to be there, so we kept adding chairs. Oh well the food made up for that part as it was super delicious. I think I had cajun chicken alfredo. mmmmmmmmm yummy. Pasta Factory was the name of the place, we even got to check out the Olympic Marathon on the tv. Good inspiration!!!

After that we went to Tickle Berry's for Ice Cream and I drove Lisa to Yellow lake so she'd know what roads to take, what to look for, etc. I hope everything goes well for her on race day. Somtimes watching can be nearly as stressful as the race itself. So after that I got the rest of my nutrition ready at the hotel. I think I mixed a million bottles of infinit and got everything else ready. Here's toooooo Ironman, my day will start at 4 AM. :)

No comments: