Thursday, August 7, 2008

In other news


Hey all,


It's been a crazy week. I am in taper mode, but still some workouts to do. Tuesday was a interval workout. They weren't too tough 1x10min IM pace, 2x5min half IM pace, 4x3min Oly pace. I may have pushed it a bit too much by the time I hit the Oly's cause my legs were complaining again. Wednesday the legs didn't feel too good in the 3x6min tempo(51 min total) I ran a really hilly loop and my legs said no way on the uphills, so I walked some of it if it fell during a easy section. Not quite what I had in mind but hey it's taper time, I can take extra rest if I need to. The swim in the evening went better, although I could barely get into the water. I don't know what it was exactly but it was freeeeeezing cold(Talisman training pool). I seriously stood by the stairs for like 10 min going in and out, in and out. Trying to get rid of the shakes, I would go in start shaking uncontrolebly and back out. LOL the lifeguard musta wondered what my problem was. Eventuallly I got in, I really wanted to swim since I haven't been that regular of late. Got a good swim in 5x200, 10x100 for the main set. I think I did 500m warmup unaided, the rest with the pull bouy. :P Today we got hills, shorter ones, but a little more intense. I think I'll ride them a bit more controlled this time(vs all out try to keep up with the IG train) ha ha.


Oh and I have some exciting news. Most of you know already, some might not. But Lisa and I are finally getting married in Sept. We've been hummin and hawin about the location, who to invite, planning, etc and got frustrated so we're eloping to hawaii. :) Tues. Sept 23 will be the date. No we're not staying to watch the IM, we're going to Maui. We're looking forward to the trip and of course the wedding. We're also looking at buying a house, busy life eh? Cheers,


Darryl

10 comments:

i am Susan said...

Congratulations on the upcoming marriage. If we had to do it all again I think we would do a small get-a-way wedding.

Trevor Oseen said...

Dude! Congrats. I have one problem with you and your plans... You left out the part that you ARE going to qualify and that you will still be Hawaii...

:)

Anonymous said...

about time!!!No seriously,congatulations.Sounds like a good honeymoon in Maui.By the way I think the maui marathon may be in Sept....

Jenna said...

Awesome - congrats to you both!!! I had my honeymoon in Maui and if I had to do it all over again I would go there - I would just leave the ex at home ;)

Keith said...

Congrats! Eloping is the way to go.

Susi said...

YAY!!! hey, is it called eloping if you are telling everyone?! LOL.

i'm so happy for you both. i think going to hawaii to get married is a brilliant idea!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Wow- congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Hawaii would be an awesome place to get married.

Julie said...

Congratulations Darryl! Great idea to go to Maui and keep things simple -- after all, it is supposed to be a celebration between you and Lisa -- no stress allowed!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Gord Penner said...

Hey cuz! Congrats on the engagement! If you change the location to Belize (just as hot & muggy), I'll be there! Anyways, all the best!
Gord

Anonymous said...

Would you consider sharing your story on MTV??

--------------------------------------------------------

MTV Elopement Documentary Opportunity - Tell Your Story
MTV’s award-winning documentary series, “True Life” is looking for couples planning to elope for a “True Life: I’m Eloping” documentary.

Is the cost of a traditional wedding leading you to contemplate eloping? Is your situation forcing you to be secretive about your plans for marriage? Are you racing away from home, even crossing state lines to tie the knot? Whatever your reasons for wanting to wed quickly, MTV wants to hear your story.

If you appear between the ages of 18 and 28 and are thinking about eloping in either September or October, email MTV at eloping@mtvn.com with all of the details. Please be sure to include your name, location, phone number and a photo.

----------------------------------------