Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Off to Penticton

Hey,

Welllll Ironman weekend is here. I had worked my last day and here I was packing for the big trip. The laundry was done, had all the tri stuff in one bag and the clothing in another. Curtis and I had planned to drive out together since his family was comin out on friday or saturday. Lisa came over and we got everything packed into her car.

Wooo hooooooooo off to Curtis's. He was pretty well packed, with the car gassed up we headed out of town. Everything went with out too much delays. Some construction between Lake Louise and Golden, but I didn't mind too much. I think we left around 11ish? We had planned for 10 am so that wasn't too bad. We stopped in Golden. Our good buddy Cam was still working at Sobeys so we stopped there for some snacks and to chat with him. He's comin out to Penticton on thursday so we talked for a bit and headed off again.

We got some rain going through Sicamous. Does it always rain going through there? I think it does, I will be proven wrong comin home. We even got some ice cream at Dutchmens Dairy. What a treat, I know I know I'm not supposed to eat that crap so close before race day, but I did anyways. :p We ate subs also from subway and continued on. There was more construction just outside of Penticton, I think they were blasting rock or somthing. Anyways moving dirt/rock so we had to sit in our cars for a bit. Curtis and I got out and stretched our legs, walked around. I took a pee in the ditch. Soon enough we were allowed to finish up the drive.

The hotel wasn't that hard to find I just got a bit disoriented in town and ended up going the wrong way. It only wasted a bit of time though and we found it soon enough. Checked in, got our room and watched some tv before bed. Curtis was stayin in the Sandman, Lisa and I in the Granada. It was quite a nice hotel actually, lots of room for my stuff. I actually am allowed to take more stuff then Lisa for this trip since I got my tri gear. :P

No comments: