Friday, August 22, 2008

2 more sleeps

The big day is getting closer and closer. I failed to mention yesterday I finally got registered. I'm not sure why everyone has to get it done thursday early. I went later on and walked straight into the tent with no line at all. Curtis and I went for another swim. Today was an optional swim day on the schedule, I didn't originally want to swim, but Curtis talked me into it.

We had such a blast swimming the day before. We didn't go as far today as I was a bit worried about my wetsuit. I was getting cracks in the wetsuit by both arms and my crotch area. Yes it's cause I have a big package, what else would it be??? Anyways I noticed more water comin into my wetsuit and it was just more stretched out by my arm pits. hmmmm maybe I should get it fixed by buddy on winnipeg ave? There's a guy with a van and trailer from Ontario who sits on the street and repairs wetsuits. I had talked with him the day before and he thought he could fix it. I had no idea how good a job he'd do, as long as he doesn't make it worse. At this point all I want is for the wetsuit to stay in one piece till after race day.

So ya we got the swim done, I nearly caught a fish. The guy stayed still on the bottom by the sand till I closed my hand just over him. I know it was mean, but I knew he'd move on time. I brought my wetsuit to the guy and he told me it would be ready in the morning at 6:30 am. Who in their right mind gets up that early?? Oh that's right,.... I do we have a meeting at 7:30. Dammit Greg, I'm on holidays!!!

Ok so swim out of the way and more browsing at the expo. I still hadn't tryed out my new slick wheels. Sooo just before the athlete dinner/meeting Curtis and I zipped through the city to skaha lake and back. It was a bit windy so I could feel how the new aero wheels would feel. I could def. tell the difference but I had no problems controlling them. I'll be ready to fly on sunday. We rode to the convention center to see if I could buy a ticket for Lisa. There we also met Trevor/Susan Oseen. They looked fit and ready to go. I sooo hope they have a good day too.

So with the ride done also(I wasn't supposed to ride today, but I missed yesterday's ride and I needed to test out the wheels) I quickly ripped back to the hotel, picked Lisa up and went for the pasta dinner. I was a little disappointed with the dinner, last years' in CDA was soo much better. Maybe they tryed too hard? It's cool though we picked up some snacks on the way home to help with the hollow leg. Met some more friends at the dinner, got the low down on the rules. Nothing new there, penalty talk, but hey at least they kept it simple and relatively short.

Back home for another sleep, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek the sleeps are winding down, only one more left???

No comments: