Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hallo!!


Hey bloggers/Creepers


The weather has been a lil cooler this week again, even involving some snow eh. I think I still did all my runs outside, but I've had to put the bike back on the trainer. Last weekend I was able to get out for my long ride. It wasn't that long perhaps 2:15, but it was nice to roll into Bragg creek again. I visited that lil town a lot last year on the way to either Elbow falls or Millarville. I think I convinced Leslie and Chad to go with me this weekend, maybe we can make it all the way to elbow falls. Although I think that'll probably be more then 3 hours. Wednesday is always the tough running day. I did 75 min with 4x5min, my legs are aching today from the effort. We also had a pretty good swim later that evening, so good we actually got kicked out of the pool and had no time to soak in the hot-tub grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Oh well I think it was around 2500m in 1:10? Short stuff too, somthing like 5x100(pull on the evens) 20 secs rest, 4x25 hard on 1 min, 4x100(50 ez 50 build)15 secs rest, 4x25 hard on 1 min, 3x100(25ez,25build,25mod,25hard) 10 secs rest, 4x25 hard on 1 min, 2x100 pull 5 secs rest, 4x25 hard on 1 min, 1x100 hard. So as you can tell the key was trying to recover on the 100s, lots of rest on the 25s to go fast. Good workout Greg. Today should be fine for another out door ride, I hope. I might join a easy running group here at work, they have started running wed. at noon. I don't think they do much more then like 20 min so I should be able to just add it on to the schedule. The police half is comin up not this coming weekend but the weekend after. I still don't feel like doing it, but who knows I will treat it like a workout and not care about the time. I'll be faster then 1:45, slower then 1:30 that's the only prediction I'm making. Put it this way, I'll get further then last year which was maybe 100 metres? /knockingonwood Who's looking forward to the May long camp???? I AM!!! Here's to riding till I drop, picking myself up and riding more. I'll be packing the polysporin(no pardon on the pun). Here's a picture of me at Bragg creek this weekend, if I didn't have the head covering on you'd see my new buzz cut, woooooahhhh. Cheers,


DP

3 comments:

kelsey said...

nice new pic!

More pictures of Bragg Creek! I miss those climbs

Julie said...

Outdoor riding again!! YAY!! ANd a new buzzcut too! I'll see ya at the half-mary next weekend! :) :)

Chad Geiger said...

You look so happy to be in Bragg Creek! :)