Monday, July 13, 2009

Big volume

Hey all,

I've been slaving away, doing my own version of the July Legend camp..... at home though. I'm really happy I made it through despite all the rain, I think I had 2-3 indoor trainer rides and got dumped on a few times outdoors. I pretty much kept the trainer rides to the easy days. It sure would be nice if we could get some solid warm weather. Today since I have no workouts planned I actually don't mind another day of rain. Here is a summary of my virtual camp;

33 hours, 24 hours in the last 7 days

Saturday July 4
5 hour bike (upper/lower z2 work with the last hour at IM pace that hurt so bad)
30 min transition run (felt really good)

Sun July 5
2:15 long run with Curtis (felt really strong and we picked it up for the last hilly 5k) Ran an average of 7:45 per mile aprox
1:15 swim can't remember what I did

Mon July 6
40 min run at noon aerobic
2 hour aerobic bike in the evening (think it was a trainer ride, crappy weather)

Tues July 7
1 hour Swim morning (forget what the sets were)
2 hour bike after work (str low cadence intervals 6 min efforts)
30 min transition run (felt strong ran pretty hard)

wed July 8
40 min run at noon, 6x2min hard(3 min recovery btw)
90 min ride (think it was another trainer ride with bad weather)
1:15 evening swim

thurs July 9
2 hour ride? (don't know the time), went to Edworthy park since the weather was sketchy 15 Edworthy hills 1 mile in length

Friday July 10
40 min run at noon aerobic
1 hour swim in the evening

Sat July 11
long ride 5:50, 180k(lots of upper z2/IM pace)
40 min trans run after, felt good/strong

Sun July 12
Long run with Curtis(very very hard getting up in the morning was very sore from yesterday's ride), we ran for 2:30 - 29km at a pace just over 8 min per mile(a lot easier effort this week as the legs were hurting more) picked it up at the end though
1 hour swim in the evening

Now time to rest up and prepare for more!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!!Good job,lots of volume.

Julie said...

WOWZER!!! You'll be fitting into size XS pretty soon, and Lisa will be able to throw you over her shoulder and carry you into transition. LOL!!!

Way to go Darryl -- AWESOME WEEK!!!!!

Keith said...

Holy cow!! I'd better make sure to say hi to you at the 70.3 start line, cause I'm sure not going to see you along the way!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Wow - awesome training! You are going to rock the 70.3 and the Ironman this year!

Trevor Oseen said...

Nice 3rd Place finish! I bet that plaque is fantastic. You ripped up the course and now if you carry that into Penticton then I can say "Here Comes Hawaii!"

i am Susan said...

good job on the half im...you rocked it out there.