Saturday, July 24, 2010

Do I measure up???

No not in an Ironman, not even my triathloning speed or anything to do with fitness. I've been married to a wonderful Trinidadian(is that a word?) for nearly 2 years and now for the first time ever I get to meet the inlaws. Yes this Canadian boy, and now Canadian girl are headed wayyyy down south to meet the family!! It's taken us wayyy too long to finally get the trip scheduled. It's not cheap, that's for sure, but I'm excited to go. I'll obviously get to meet Lisa's mom and dad, family, friends, but more than that I'll get to see where she grew up!! What kinda school she went to, and what it was like living in a completely dif. culture. Hopefully I'll like the food!!!(I'm a picky eater). Anyways we're off early tomorrow, I got nothing else to say. I borrowed a nice camera from work so I can hopefully capture some of it on film(digi film that is) and show you all. Cheers,

DP

3 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck with the inlaws!! They are going to love you as much as we do! :) :)

I think this trip is going to very special -- seeing where your beautiful wife grew up and meeting her family....awesome! :) :)

Have a great time!! :) :)

Keith said...

It was 8 months after we married that I met any of Linda's relatives. Fortunately they liked me.

You will love Trini food. Dive in and have at it!

Lisa Ulrich said...

That is awesome! Hope you are having a wonderful time in Trinidad!