Thursday, August 26, 2010

Effing poop fairy!!

Yesterday Curtis and I went out for a longish run, longish as in longer than a regular weekday run, but not long anymore in terms of the actual weekend long run. We started from my house and cruised south towards fish creek. I tried to poop before leaving but couldn't really manage much, I had a bad feeling about that as we left. Sure enough like 2-3 miles into the run she was right in my face harrassing me to the point where I had to stop and walk a few times. It was NOT pretty!!! I contemplated knocking on someone's door. We also ran by someone waiting for their dog to finish it's business and I soooo wanted to go "Look over there!!!" and add some to the dog's pile for them to pick up. Can you imagine the look on the owners face when he looks down and sees the amount of crap down by his feet, and the thoughts just went from there. Curtis and I would have howled talking about that, I think he did, but I kept it down as I probably would have had an accident. We finally made the turn and headed back, eventually we came upon a bathroom that was open and I relieved myself. WOW, that felt good!! The rest of the run was pretty uneventful. The flies were extremely annoying though. I had to tilt my head down at times pulling the hat down over my eyes to avoid getting them in my eyes. I ate some of them though, yummmmm. 11.5 miles I believe done in 1:3X:XX with some stops along the way to pinch. We'll see what I do this weekend.

Not sure yet if I'll up the long run, or do another med length run and wait for the next weekend to run another killer long run. I def. like the versatility of doing a ultra, and I'm right on schedule or maybe even a bit ahead so if I need to take a weekend off of the long run build, I can. It would however mean I'd have to build up a lil faster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a usual fun long run!!!miss you guysdown here!

Anonymous said...

Hey D, how do I post a pic from my iPhone?or can it be done?let me know & I will post some!