Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Last long run

Well that was the last long run for this "trip". This time it just so happened that my cousin(who also runs) was in town so I bugged him to join us for a shorty. He did agree to a res. loop so we met at glenmore landing like usual for Curtis and I anyways and ran the loop. We had a good time, sorry Gord I realize the pace may have been a tad quick, and maybe the altitude? Either way he made it, hope he enjoyed the Calgary run as much as Curtis and I always do. 9.5 miles in the tank. I've done a few shorter runs this week with one day off, probably one more day off and a few extra easy runs with some accelerations to keep sharp.

I really don't know how it will go. I've always cherry picked the easier marathon courses, plus it's been awhile since I've run a stand alone marathon. All I remember is they hurt!! Yes believe it, sometimes even more than an Ironman run. Good luck to my buddies doing the race, and sorry for the ones that couldn't make it. Hope it doesn't rain too much, but if it does honestly it won't matter after 5-10k.

What will I do after the marathon? It's helpful to always keep the next goal in mind. I'm not sure I have one at this point, I do have a few things in mind. Nothing solid for this year though, I may start slowly preparing for IMC 2012. I have let the bike slip and have done ZERO swimming so it would be good to slowly bring those back. I will keep you all up to date. Cheers,

DP

4 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Good luck in the marathon! Run fast!

Gord Penner said...

Was great to run with you, and meet Curtis. Sorry if this "old dog" slowed your pace, but I'm used to the flat prairies. All the best on the marathon!

Trevor Oseen said...

Giver on Sunday and give my regards to the other two.

Not saying who I am putting my money on yet, just need to run some Vegas numbers first but Dubai does not let me go to gambling sites... :)

Gord Penner said...

Saw your time for the marathon - looks good! Congratulations!