Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sup

Hey,

Had a couple good training days on the weekend. It was tough for sure, but really a good test of fitness. Saturday Curtis and I went to the track and ran a 10k time trial. We got there bright and early 8:30 did a little warm up and started out. It went pretty much as expected, I don't think it was quite race pace, but close. My schedule called for a race this weekend followed by a long run. I didn't want to pay for a race, so figured a track 10k would suffice. My time was 40:25, about 6:32 average pace? It hurt a lot!!

Sunday we got together later on. Not sure how the legs would feel and they actually weren't too bad starting out. I expected much worse, maybe it was the mango we pounded back immediately after the run on saturday. It has magical powerssssss. We ran a pretty comfy just barely under 8min mile pace for most of the run. At the end Curtis and I separated to finish on our own. The last miles were a little quicker, and finished it off really strong sub marathon pace. So that was good, but I was feeling it quite a bit from the weekend. Monday I was really sore.

Today I was talking to my mom and apparently my nephew(10 year old) who would ride with me at Christmas time. Remember you guys? here's a pic from then. https://picasaweb.google.com/106198986038535884164/Runningman?authkey=Gv1sRgCJDvsrzEz9PFGg#5423050708184126914 Anyways he's convinced he's going to run the full marathon in Manitoba. He is a good runner, he did the 2.6 mile super run last year and did well. But that's quite a jump to the 26.2 miles uh? hee hee my brother convinced him that they could run the half together. Say what now??? I'm on the phone with my mom hearing this going, "How old is he again mom??" Anyways I'm gonna have to talk to my bro even about that venture. In my opinion 13 miles is too much for a 10 year old. Made my day though, everyone wants to be someone's hero right? Cheers,

DP

4 comments:

Julie said...

Mangoes do have special powers! LOL!! I eat one after every longish bike or run -- Oh man, the thought of tucking into a mango afterwards if often what keeps me going. Hee-hee!

Congrats on your 10km!!! YAY!!!

And your 10 year old nephew wanting to run a marathon -- so cute, Darryl! You really made an impact on him!!! :)

rickybollinger said...

nice blog and good design.




how to last longer in bed | impotence treatments

male enhancements said...

your blog background was very nice...


Stop Premature Ejaculation
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment

Erectile Dysfunction said...

very informative and awesome collection of pictures. thanks for sharing with us.