Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What now??

Got that empty feeling. I have several options. I guess the marathon didn't go exactly according to plan. The time was ok, but deep down inside I wanted more(or less meaning time). This was meant to be it for this summer. I was to slowly start preparing for next year. Now I'm not so sure, I could make another attempt in fall?? Although looking at it, this would be for 2013 Boston and I'd have to run 5 minutes faster as the newer faster times apply for that. Funny how I never really cared much for Boston when it was "easily" attainable. Now that I can't run that fast anymore I want it!!! LMAO. I hadn't even planned on going to Boston if I were to qualify, but nowwwww /cry Oh well, I need a week or two to figure out where I want to go from here. Right now I have all these ideas floating around in my head.

DP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D, I felt the same about Boston when I seemed to qualify every time I ran a marathon!But it just gets harder & harder to qualify.I may not even get in for 2012?I was even thinking about trying to run another one in the fall with a faster Q time???Take it easy & recover fully before putting too much onto yourself.Later, Cam.