Thursday, December 12, 2019

Lost soul continued?

Hi!

Well I'm hoping this Lost Soul Chapter gets to continue.  Where did we leave off, lets see.  So last year(really this year) we hobbled in to finish the Lost Soul 100k.  Despite the trouble(and corresponding slow time), both Terry and I really enjoyed the race.  Every part of it, well except for my bros knee was awesome.  The race organization, volunteers, the course, the challenge, even the weather turned out to be supreme!

This year we figure we want another go at this race, redemption if you will.  Apparently we aren't the only ones who like this race.  Last year while signing up, it filled within minutes.  Technically, I didn't even get in, and had to plead my case to the RD to let me in.  They brought down the "ultrasignup" servers and to solve that issue this year they implemented a lottery.  Booooo, this may prevent us from getting in!  But they realize that some want to run with others, so with the lottery system you can also enter as a team.  This way we can be drawn together, either we're in or we aren't.  There won't be a situation where only one of us gets in.  I guess if we don't get in, we'll find some other adventure to do this year.

So on Saturday Dec. 7th the lottery opened up.  It opened for 1 week, closing on Dec. 14th and on the Monday after the weekend we'll find out if we're in.  Good luck to the Penner team!  I hope we get to run the Lethbridge Coulees again.  I'm not sure if they will have a waiting list, we may have to decide at that point if we're willing to wait, or enter something else.  Perhaps Ironlegs 60km, or 100km!  One things for sure, we'll be hiking hills.  I'm already training my hiking legs!  At least we don't have to wait long for the draw.  Cheers!

Here's some recent family pics!







No comments: