Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nice Ass!!

Heya,

Workouts are still going well. I had an awsome ride on tuesday with Greg/Trevor/Mark/Iona, and last but not least Chantal. It was a smaller grp from what I hear, it's the first time I've rode with them. I think I'll make it a regular thing since my tues/thurs evening swims are done. We rode to Chochrane, then down the 22, over the trans can, back in on the next highway I forget what it is. I think we did like 3 harder sessions of about 10-15 minutes. I hurt myself really hard each time to try to keep up with the Masters(Greg,Trevor), but each time they rode just a bit out of reach. It's funny cause if they'd dropped me any more convincingly I would have put less effort into it, but they were oh soooo close so I rode my ass off to keep up. lol What a solid effort, I loved it.

Yesterday was interesting. I got home and really wanted a nap so I decided on taking the nap instead of doing my longish run. I went for the swim at the Talisman center for 9:30 so I could get in for the cheaper 5 bucks. I went for the long course training tank although I dislike long course, I'm stubborn thinking I need it more for the OW swimming. The workout was 8x300, and I suffered. I won't go into details except that my swim didn't go that well, I had to stop at times and only managed 4 reps before I broke out the pull bouy, course then I was fine to do them according to plan (IG plan that is). I gotta say I really hate it when people feel they need to come to the training tank to make out, grind hips, etc. It really iritates me swimming along coming to the wall, look over to breathe and seeing two pairs of hips stuck together. For the love of.... FIND SOME OTHER PLACE TO MAKE OUT!!! It's not the first time that's happened, sometimes the guards will come over and ask them to leave. Maybe I should bring Lisa with and we can compare notes?!?!!?

I got home about 11ish and called lisa to say goodnight and headed out for my long run. I didn't know for sure how this would go, my legs were sore from tuesday's hard ride. But I thought if I just start out for 30 minutes and I can quit after that if it doesn't go well. I love running at night, it's sooo peaceful. So I started out at about 11:30, I started doing loops around this park near by. I didn't count laps and kinda got into a zone. Then all of a sudden I hear this noise as all the sprinklers turn on. I wasn't in the way, but as I got on the far side the sprinklers there were crossing the path so I had to find some other place to run. So I decided to do another 4 mile loop I frequently run. This would give me the right amount of time to finish up the 1.5 hour run. My legs felt pretty good actually, hardly any soreness. I ran past this girl and what I presume was her bf. She was yapping on the phone and as I pass she stops her conversation to yell "Nice ASS" to me. I never have a good come back right then so I thank her and continue on. Not sure if she was bein sarcastic or genuine, her ass was bigger than mine. It did seem like sarcasm, or maybe that's why she yelled, to make her feel better about herself. Oh well hopefully she'll see the light some day and start up some exercise before it's toooooooooooooo late, lol. She was also younger then me, I was thinkin to myself just you wait girl till your metabolism slows down like mine. We'll see who has the last laugh then. muah ha ha ha. Like I said, I think of all the comebacks later on. It's probably better that way, keep myself out of trouble. I finished up the run and went to bed. I was able to sleep right away which was nice, somtimes I have trouble after a run to try to relax. Today is a hills day in Cochrane, wooopie!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess your pool grinding story beats my fast/slow lane story.I have yet to see any of this in our pool.

Susi said...

i'm killing myself laughing here. you are swimming and running in what i consider the dead of night and have to deal with grinders and people who accost you with insults such as 'nice ass'. lol. too funny!!!

Keith said...

I can just picture you running along in your own little world, when suddenly, whoosh, there you soaked to the tail by the sprinklers. I'd never even considered the possibility of such a thing.

Julie said...

Serves you right for running at 11:30pm!!! LOL!!

Jenna said...

lol.... pool hip grinders - sometimes its a free for all swingers fest at the local HBAC ... i NEVER go in the hot tub...ewwwy!

kelsey said...

I'm confused. You ran until 1am?

By choice?

Lisa Ulrich said...

Wow you are running a 90 min run starting at 11pm? You are crazy!