Friday, March 6, 2009

k, I'm in Calgary 70.3 here we come!!


Well I bit the bullet and entered. I was a bit hesitant about entering this one because it's only 4 weeks before IMC, but it's in Calgary(I don't feel like traveling anymore then I already will be) and I got a bunch of friends doing it. I like looking for them on the course and chatting after the race, comparing experiences and cheering for them. Training is going well again after a brief cold, I'm happy it didn't last too long. I think I had maybe 8 days off from it? Wednesday was my first swim back, it was long course, no IG so we did our own thing. I ended up doing 17 hundreds, just getting the feel for the water again, concentrating on my form, nothing hard. It was long course that's hard enough in itself isn't it?? My running isn't going that great, oh well it'll come. The riding is going very well though, I'm happy to say this year going with Greg's workouts I'm def. going to improve more, hopefully sub 5:30 this year??? maybe? pretty pls?? hee hee I'm hoping to make both of the training camps this year so that'll def. help. Greg also says he's gonna take it to a new level with me, now that he knows me and what I'm capable of.

Oh and in other news Lisa and I have joined the Talisman centre and quit the wow gym. Sorry Chad/Leslie, although what do you care I barely ever see you guys there anyways. See you more often swimming at the talisman and if I bug you enough maybe you'll join there too? It would be good to see some IG athletes doing some runs there too on the crappy winter days, looks like we're getting more of those eh? Well that's it for me, for now, TTYL oh

PS: Sorry Cam I won't be doing the Calgary marathon this year. I'm really quite terrified of the marathon, the last two didn't go well and the next time I do one I'll put all my effort into training for it. Maybe one of these years I'll take a year off of IM and that will be the year to get my marathon mojo back hopefully??? Oh well I wish you the best in your training, just make sure you get into the long rides soon. Is the invitation still open to come do a long ride with you this summer???

5 comments:

Keith said...

Welcome back to Blogland!

So far I've been able to suck it up and run outside, and much as I like Talisman, it's just not convenient. Hope to see you before the 70.3, though.

Jenna said...

Have fun at the 70.3!!! Get ready for that icy cold water!

Chad Geiger said...

Yaaaa Darryl!

I'm glad you're doing Calgary! I probably won't get to chat with you on the course though, turns out your a wee bit faster than I am! I'll see you at the start though!

I'll tell you what, I'll sign up at Talisman, if you sign up for Arizona in 2010! Hhhhmmmmmm?? Sound good? TOMBSTONE baby!

See you Sunday night!

Anonymous said...

Anytime this summer would be fum to ride here in the mountains!!!Have a good weekend,cam.

Julie said...

I'll be racing with you! :) :) :)