Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back in the saddle again!


Hey,

Well I'm back training again. Nothing scheduled/coached yet but I'm training. I've ridden a bunch of times already, maybe 4 or 5 times? My running is going good too, I've hardly lost anything and I feel like I'm basically picking up where I left off. It's really a nice feeling not having to start from scratch again. I'm doing all my running outdoors to avoid the spring calf problems that I usually have. Already broken my longest indoor ride this "winter" with a 3:05 ride while watching the IM world champs. I'm dreaming of the day when I'll be riding across the lava fields, hopefully not being blown off the road. My weight has gone up some, but not too bad really maybe 10 pounds? I expected more and my diet is improving again, watching what I eat and not inhaling anything I want. :P

Cam and Trevor good job on your races this weekend. I've checked out your results and look forward to a couple race reports?? Maybe even if they're just short ones? Cam ran in Victoria, and Trevor did the Okanagan(Kelowna) marathon. Cam 3:19 and Trevor 3:31?? Not too bad right boys? Correct me if I'm wrong. Tonight I rode the bike for 90 min, went for a swim then Lisa and I went to watch a movie.

Last year I focussed on the diet, I gotta do that again, but I'm going to also be really making sure I get enough sleep. No more staying up till 2am and needing a nap before my afternoon workouts. I also want to do some morning workouts. Yikes that'll be the hardest thing I've ever had to do while IM training. I am NOT a morning person, but if you think about it getting a workout done in the morning would be sooooo beneficial. You come home after work and you don't have 2-3 workouts to do, only 1-2(most times 1 :P). It'll free more of the evening up and of course more time with the Mrs. I haven't done any yet and as I type this it's past Midnight dont' worry I'm headed to bed after this. Right now it's not important yet, but when things get serious then I'll start getting up earlier to ride the bike. Oh have I mentioned what's on the program for this winter??? MORE RIDING!!! After careful consideration/pondering about my race at Pentiction it's become apparent, ok this didn't take too much thought that the bike is where I need to continue to improve. I really think the intensity of the workouts was great, I can't really put much more effort into workouts. The thing that I can do is ride more, more miles/frequency. So I got to get used to the trainer early. Also trying to keep the long run at 1.5 hours through winter with Curtis. We've had a few good ones already. So here's to a solid winter training season I'm ready to go!!

2 comments:

Trevor Oseen said...

Thanks man.

One thing, are you trying to protect yourself from slurpies thrown at you by wearing the helmet indoors?

Julie said...

LMAO!!! The slurpee-protection helmet!! Hahahahahahaha!!

You are more focused than ever, Darryl -- this year is going to be so awesome for you! :) :)