Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hello again!

Things are still going well. Lets see what have I done over the last week or two. Oh yeah watching the world champs was awesome wasn't it? I took a page out of Greg's book and planned a pretty epic workout for myself(epic for this time of year). I didn't know how long I could ride for, but I basically planned to ride as long as I could although if I was completely honest I'd say I really wanted to do 3 hours. But I hadn't been on the bike much yet this year so I didn't know. Anywho with the help of one heck of a race! I managed the 3 hours and actually stayed 5 minutes extra to ride CW home. Then went for a 25-30 min run and boyyyy did I ever feel good on the run. Felt smooth and fast. I'm feeling like I'm starting where I left off last year, not having to start over!

So I was running quite a bit till I got a bit of a cold last week. I didn't completely get it, but just enough for me to have to ease off the training a bit. I think I took one day off completely, but that's it. I've been riding a lot like I said I would. Today was a first for me, I rode before work!!!! I can't believe I actually got out of bed at 6:30 to ride. Yeah yeah I know it's not that early for some of you, but I've really been thinking about going to bed earlier and getting some workouts done in the morning. For a night owl this won't be a easy task. You see it's colddddddddd in the morning, especially in the basement. But today it wasn't actually that bad, got to work and I was awake!! Course with the exercise first thing, and just being up earlier made me have to eat that much more for breakfast!!! Yikes my appetite is higher today.

Oh yeah one other thing, last weekend Greg, Chad, and I did the Gorilla run at the zoo. It's for a good cause and Chad was pumped about wanting to win the relay so Greg and I signed up for his team "Grizzled Legend". We got there on time, got the chip and everything. It was chilly in the morning before dawn, but getting to the zones was our downfall. :( Leslie drove us, but it wasn't her fault. I'm not sure who's fault it was but for w/e reason we didn't know exactly where the first transition area was so Chad after running his speedy(he didn't want us to know his leg of the relay was shorter) 5k had to wait for 3 min for us Greg to get there to hand off the chip. Oh well 3 min, it could be worse right? I got to my transition area on time, I even contemplated taking a washroom break, but didn't want a second wait added to our time so I figured I'd hold off the poop fairy(no not the ultra marathoning team from SASK) and run the 5k with no washroom break. Greg came and I sped off for my leg. I have no idea how long it was, all I know is I caught a few more people and we ended up 4th overall 1st all mens team(yes we got chicked). Ran for 24 min flat for what ever it's worth. Over and out,

DP

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey D,Dont know wehnI will be in Calgary again,BUT I will let you know when I find out.
Good for you to keep on training.Sounds like you are stayimg pretty fit!!!

Julie said...

GREAT hearing about your fitness -- especially the run!! You are really going to rock this year, Darryl!!!!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Wow, a 3 hour indoor ride in the middle of October! You are hardcore! Question- in your last post picture, how come you are wearing a helmet while riding inside on the trainer??!

runningman said...

lol it's my new dorky lid I bought off ebay. I think I mentioned it a couple posts ago and I was just bein super nerdy(I just wore it for the pics). Also had the sunglasses on. Oh btw I was at the talisman yesterday and there was a tri club there, some chick came by with her Oakley's on..... indoors??? They weren't the clear ones either. Maybe they were perscription???