Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dreams


Hey,

So I had a couple more dreams, perhaps Keith can interpet them for me. :) The first is another triathlon one. My buddy Curtis and I were both racing in a IM. I assume it was cda, it didn't look anything like Canada and the bike was heavily tree'd, or at least the second half of the bike was. So the dream starts off on the bike(funny how dreams have their own rules eh, they can start when ever they want, do anything they want). For what ever reason I was riding with this older lady, I had decided not to ride hard. I have no clue why I was riding with her, I assume she was a friend, but not a close friend. I just decided to support her, help push her(I had no ulterier motives strictly platonic). Curtis was up ahead and doing well. Then we hit the tree'd section of the course. This was really thick forest, the trees were almost reaching over the road, well reaching over our heads anyways. Oh I almost forgot at some point I decided to try and catch Curtis so I told my female friend that I'd ride ahead, wished her well and proceeded to hammer ahead. As soon as I hit the tree'd section I see Curtis on the side of the road with a mechanical problem, I think it was a flat(I assume this cause of how many he used to get on our training rides in 2008) but don't know for sure. So I stop to help him and for what ever reason we stepped off the road into the forest to fix it. I think because there wasn't much of a shoulder and the forest came right to the edge of the road. So we work on the bike and get it fixed, come out to where my bike was leaning against a tree on the side of the road and see that my rear rim was trashed. Nearly all the spokes were broken and it was in rough shape. We were at a sharp bend in the road and someone didn't make the corner and smashed into my bike. So I sent Curtis on up ahead and I dropped out of the race. I went to the finish area and walked around talking to different people, telling them about my misfortune. I was disappointed, but only cause I couldn't participate, I obviously was not racing for a kona/PB.

The other dream was really short, or at least the part that I remember. I was being chased by a big bad Grizzly(maybe it was Chad in his next life??) so I ran up to this picnic area where they had some timber framed shelters. I climbed up to sit in the rafters or beams but somehow the bear got up there too. So I had to jump from beam to beam to get away from the bear. There were tons of other people around but the bear was only after me, weird I know!! That's pretty much it, I think someone shot it I'm not sure, I just know he didn't get me, or maybe he lost interest and went away.

DP

1 comment:

Keith said...

Sorry for the delay, it took me a bit to get into it. The bike represents your journey through life. The forest is full of your fears. By riding with another person, especially one you don't seem to know, you are showing that you are open to helping other people, and realize your journey is with other people or involves others. This is important, as many people think their journeys are only about them.

You are willing to help others, but fear that your own plans may be ruined by doing so. Yet you also realize that there is more to life than just your own plans, that other people's plans have a way of interacting with you in unpredictable ways.

Leaving the lady and chasing Curtis is a metaphor for chasing your own dreams, and your fears about what will happen. In one sense, your brain fears that, fears the unknown. This is natural. There are consequences to everything.

The bear in the rafters is your destiny. Of course it's only after you. The amount of struggle you go through is represented by how hard you think it should be to achieve your destiny.