Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crushed it!!

My workouts today, man did they ever feel good!! Gotta love coming out of a rest day and feeling fit and fast in the workouts for the day. First there was the run after work. Now this is somthing I've always noticed. This may seem kinda mean, but you know how I know I'm running well? fast even? It only works in the dark, it's when you're comin up to over take a dog walker and they whirl around like they're about to be mugged. I know at that point I'm either A) light on my feet so they don't hear me coming till I'm RIGHT THERE! or B) I have such a quick turn over that they think I'm sprinting after them. Sometimes I have some people start running the other direction, of course only till they turn around and see a guy that resembles peter pan running along(in Winnipeg I one time had a female run for nearly a city block before she decided I might not be nabbing her groceries). Anywho the riding is really coming along too, the time is going by faster and I'm getting the strength to start some really hard intervals. I'm way ahead of last years riding that's for sure. I heard a good Acronym on slowtwitch the other day, somthing I've taken to heart as my ticket to a faster bike split. It's TITS!!!!!!! there I said it. Ok it stands for Time In The Saddle.

2 comments:

Julie said...

The Night Runner strikes again!!! LMAO!! That is so awesome Darryl -- love the acronym. Hahahahahaha!

Sounds like the bike training is really ramping up too!! YAY!!! :) :)

Shannon Wicks said...

"TITs"...lmao...I am going to be using that one from here on in.