Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lots going on

Hey,

Well a few things have been going on. First off, on friday after the snow fall and ice came I went out for a run in the evening like I usually do. Most times I have no problems with snow and ice even. Nope, not this time. I didn't even get a 1/4 mile from my house and down I go right on the sidewalk. Jammed my wrist slightly and fell pretty much right on my elbow. Well after rolling around on the ground a bit, I got up hopped around for a bit I just assumed my run was over. The adrenaline had come and gone making me feel dizzy/weak. So I walked home, good thing it was close. Anyways at home I got this overwhelming sense of HTFU stubbornness. Just ask Lisa it's not just in running, stubborn like an ass sometimes!!! Oh well I turned around and went for my run, I actually had a really good run. I was much more careful, although I couldn't really do anything about that mishap, there was ice under a bit of snow. Didn't see the ice, if I see it no problems I can run on glare ice, but you know you plant differently when running on ice.

My toe nail decided to come off finally, I'll post a pic of that just so I have a shot at grossest blog of the week(as long as keith doesn't post some more bloody teeth pictures hee hee j/k keith) The toe nail got blue/black from the Calgary 70.3 race. I guess my shoes weren't done up tightly enough so the toes kept getting mashed into the front of the toe box. It was weird cause the nail actually grew for awhile I even had to trim it once, but then all of a sudden it died and a new one started to take it's place.

I've been riding/running alot and on today's ride my trainer decided to break!!! I'm really pissed about that cause the thought of going with out a trainer for a week(that's the time it'll take to order the one I want from the states) really stresses me out. Does anyone in Calgary have an extra trainer I could borrow for a few days??? If not I guess I'll have to run each day to make up for it. The handle on it broke, the part that tightens the roller against the tire. The trainer hasn't been the greatest for awhile, it's really tough to get my bike into it straight. My bike often leans a tiny bit, it really drives me crazy cause I wonder if somtimes it's all just in my head. So I think I'll order the kurt kinetic road trainer, it has a power meter on it so I can start gauging that and getting a little more nerdy in the triathlon world.

On to other news... For IM CDA it looks as though I may be working with a new coach. Chuckie V has agreed to take me on as an athlete. I've had a couple of awesome years with Greg I cannot thank him enough for 2 big PBs, he's taught me so much and for that I'll always be thankful. Well you might ask if somthing isn't broke why fix?? Well I just want to try somthing new and Greg and I will always be friends, who knows we may hook up in the future again. If there's one thing I've learnt with my training, it's to always keep things fresh. I won't get into anymore details other than I am extremely excited to work with Chuckie, scared, but excited. For those that don't know he's a IMC winner and former pro cyclist. WTF have I got myself into?????

EDIT: I almost forgot I wanted to share something else. I went to the pool today, specially after my trainer broke 20min into my ride. I was pretty ticked, so I had to get a solid workout. Chuckie hasn't officially started coaching till Jan, but a couple instructions he's given me was to A) start blogging on www.triblogs.com (btw it's a really cool free website to blog your workouts and for your coach/mentor to checkup on what you're doing)
B) get in the pool to swim more!!!
C) Complete his "benchmark" 400m TT

Got A done immediately, I've been tracking workouts now for 3 weeks. B) weeeeeeelll I'm swimming twice a week, Chuckie wants 2 hard ones, or 3 easy/technique swims. So I'm kinda inbetween. I'm workin on it. Maybe this week I'll get 3 in. Anyways the reason I re-opened this post. I went to the pool today pissed about the trainer, btw I got a buzz cut which is important for this story. I felt pretty good, smooth and cutting through the water, it's amazing what a lil hair loss will do to your stream lining. So I got the warmup done and managed to pull off a pretty good 400 tt. Actually amazing, I nearly held the 1:40 pace, first 100 was 1:38, then 1:41, and 3:22(200), for a total of 6:42. I was just hoping to be under 7 so I'm really pumped about that, maybe I can get close to 1 hour this year???

No comments: