Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another notch in the belt

Only one more notch left on this belt. I probably won't go to that one since I'm already not far from my goal race weight. What's different this time around is that I'm still not quite at last year's IM weight, yet I'm definatly skinnier. I've never been in this notch on this belt so are my legs more muscular?? I'm about 168 pounds right now, the goal is 155-160pounds. Last year I got down to 160, but then went up to 165 for race day. I feel leaner now at 168 than I felt at 160 last year so hopefully that's a good thing. Although memories get distorted, especially as I get older. The thing I can go on is notches, here's to breaking in a new belt hole!!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Leaner, meaner, racing machine! From what I am learning, leaner is the way to go...weight is important too, but leanness and strength are REALLY important.

And here I was thinking you were going to post about some figurative "notch in the belt." Not literally! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Job!!!Sounds like you are getting really fit.

Anonymous said...

Hey D,Yes it is a fine line isnt it?!
I just got another cal marathon update in my email,so I am still thinking about it.I dont know what distance to run???!10k or half.IT wont be the marathon though,stranger things have been done by myself.I will decide soon.If I do go,I probably wont ride the day before.I would like to have a good visit with you guys!!!Later,Cam.