Thursday, April 1, 2010

The week summary, Happy April fools!!

Hey all,

I think we're through all the windy weather eh? The weekend had lots of it, but oh well makes us stronger right? First off Saturday, Curtis and I did a 12 mile aerobic test on the track. I was instructed to stay at 145bpm with a cap at 150bpm. So I did that and managed to keep the pace just above 7s. I had to hold back most of the run, except for at the end when some fatigue starts to creep in. It was a good confidence boost for the half mary comin up. 90 minutes this year??? I think I have a really good shot. Did a 2 hour spin that night too.

Sunday we went out for a longer ride. It was supposed to be 4 hours, but we cut it a bit shorter since the wind was brutal, plus I was short on time. On the way out the wind really picked up, gusting over 60kmph. Just past the round about on the way to Bragg creek this group of say 10 cyclists come by me. They're not moving much faster than me, maybe 20kmph? So I get sucked along for a bit. Curtis is further back I knew I shouldn't, but I gave in to temptation. It was like a shelter in the storm(literal), and these guys instantly welcomed me into the fold so I rode with them for a couple km. They soon had to turn off and I wasn't about to change the course with out telling Curtis so I bid them farewell and continued. It wasn't much of a break, but it really helped to raise my spirits. Curtis wasn't too happy rolling into Bragg Creek, but really he did amazing for this being his what second outdoor ride since IMC 08? So we stopped for a bit at the store, Curtis's family drove up there to meet us so that was nice. We rode on a bit, maybe half way to Elbow falls and turned around. I think I had 1:45 or so to get out there, figured it would be at least 1:15 going back to get at least 3 hours, but I was sadly mistaken. The tail wind comin back made for a really quick return. At the point where you exit the tree'd area I was in my top gear spun out at just over 60kmph on flat ground. Some tail wind eh? That's not even pushing hard, the return was just over an hour.

The brick run after was tough, we have this loop that we do near the parking area for this particular ride. It has a big hill on it, but we had the wind at our backs for the way up. Coming back though with the wind in our faces on a few of the laps it nearly stopped me cold. Maybe this is how it feels like to ride/run in Crows Nest area Julie??? Oh well the run ended, I figured it would be slow, but it surprised the heck out of me when I saw the average pace. My running is so strong right now, I love it!!

In other news I had a bad day tuesday. I was supposed to do a mod-hard ride and I missed it. We went out to dinner and I had some really really greasy calomari sp? I love that stuff, but not this greasy, anyways my stomach was soo upset from it there's no way I could ride. Soooo I had to write Chuckie my confessional. I felt so guilty, I've missed workouts before but I think this is my first "bad reason" workout. Booooooo on me. That's it, starting today no more eating crap. Time to fuel up with GOOD FOOD!!! What's weird though is my weight actually went down again. I was at 165 yesterday, that's last year's IM weight. I'd like to loose 10 more before cda, that should be easy, well maybe not so easy since you guys all know how the last 10 pounds are. I'll have to really want it. Cheers,

DP

3 comments:

Susi said...

i can't believe you were out riding in that nastiness!!! i'm sure you made up for the missed ride with the extra energy needed. haha. mmmm...calamari....

Julie said...

Arrgghh the wind...my nemesis. Props to you for going out in that insanity. Shudder.

Your running is going so well!!! Even with the wind you totally rocked it! YAY!!

Jenna said...

i see a very good run in your future.

signed,

anabella the fortunetella