Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back on track

After a slight hicup this past weekend(I did little training) I'm back on track. I got less than 10 weeks to go before the big day. Now's the time to really crank it up and I'm excited to really see what this body is made up of. Chuckie has said that before the end we'd take a look into the bucket, just a peak. http://gosonja.com/index.php/the-bucket/ Probably one of the best posts ever written for anyone who trains hard and has a coach. You may as well book mark that blog, she writes so well and has the most amazing attitude. Anyways enough about that, this blog is about me!! So for those 10 weeks(2 of which are taper and a few rest weeks) I'll need to focus on my rest and nutrition, if I have these two nailed my motivation/energy levels will stay where they need to be and I"ll absorb everything.

I had a good ride yesterday, but man oh man I got more work to do. Indoor riding is great, but there is nothing like riding on the roads to get you fit. It's like two different sports. I'll def. be concentrating on the riding while the weather is good. Maybe I can even slip in some easy spins on the road bike? As long as they don't affect the key workouts I've been given the ok from the boss. Read his latest post on MORE!!!

Today I got a massage, hard run, and a swim. Maybe I can even fit in a easy spin. Oh yeah almost forgot I'm doing the police half marathon this weekend, however as I mentioned(I think I wrote about this) I won't be tapering for it. I need the weekend long ride. This will be a new experience for me, I don't think I've ever not tapered at all!!! ie. done some long/hard training the day before. I'll let you know how that goes. My running's been going really well lately I still think I'll run well, but who knows. Anywho, laterz, oh and congratz to Kelly on the Boston finish. Well done!!

DP out

6 comments:

Julie said...

You are so right about outdoor riding -- dealing with the wind, hills, etc. IMCDA here we come!! :)

Lisa Ulrich said...

Good luck in the half this weekend! I'm sure you'll have a great race despite biking long the day before- some of my better races have been when I'm not tapered at all!

Susi said...

have a great race in the police half!! i'll expect a post and photo of all the deets!

Jenna said...

Hey good luck at the PH. I am doing one too:) Now I gotta go check out that blog post...

Dano said...

You are going to smoke the Police Half! I might see you there if you stick around after you finish, lol.

Trevor Oseen said...

See you on the weekend! I will be part of the cheering squad yet again as Susan pounds out another half.