Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I broke 90 again!!

Snow snow go away!! Meh, for now it can snow, but I'd prefer some riding weather for Sunday. Got a important ride to do and it has to be outdoors. Oh well as my Mom used to say if you got nothing good to say don't say anything at all right? Well I do have somthing good to say. Notice I haven't talked about swimming for awhile, hence the saying, I had nothing good to say. lol Lately I've just shut off my brain and gone throughthe motions for swimming, just getting the work done. Yesterday I finally had a good swim, in maybe 2 months? In that time I not only "seemed to" not improve but at times I'd even swim slower. I say seemed because I don't know for sure, those swims may still have been doing somthing. I'm sure Chuckie would say they are doing something regardless if I see improvement each swim. But hey, in a couple of months you should see some improvement, but not me!!

Anywho getting back to yesterday. The workout was broken 300s x 9. Some pull with the bouy, leg strap, and paddles, a hundred and a 50 cruise immediatly after the 100 near all out. So I did the first 300, when I got to the 100 I felt strangely strong in the water. Hmmmm the water's actually moving me when I apply more pressure. The other thing I noticed was that I could breathe smoothly and I wasn't gasping like I often do. So I check the time at the end and see 1:34. Wow that's not super speedy, definatly not for some of you fish, but I'll take it!!! If I can only hold that time for the 100s I will be laughing. So I get to the next and get to the wall, wtf? 1:31, then 1:28, and finally 1:26!! I was stoked about that, still feeling strong, like I could actually go 95% like the workout demanded. Eventually the times slowed back down to 1:30, but I held that for the last two. There is still some hope for this fish, and as I said to Chuckie in an email I really needed that confidence boost to enjoy swimming again. Over and out, enjoy the snow fellow Calgarians.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

show off!!! well done!

Julie said...

Nice work! Can't wait until the day I break 90.... :) :) I think you'll be the first person I email about it. Hee-hee!!!

Awesome job Darryl!! :) :)