Thursday, June 24, 2010

update #1

Aloha!!

We're here in cda chillin watching tv after a super dinner at Mongolian BBQ. Yesterday we arrived in sunny cda/spokane around 5ish. It was a beautiful drive and came out with Curtis, his family is coming out on friday. His kids have school stuff to do so they couldn't come for the entire time. Later on that evening Curtis and I went for a run along the Spokane river. It was super humid!! I haven't ran in that kinda humidity since living in Manitoba.

Today we woke up around 8 and drove to Curtis's hotel(he's staying in a Best Western in Liberty lake which is between Spokane and CDA) we left the bikes for now and headed to cda to register, got that done and went for a quick dip. The water was pretty much perrrrrfect, I even took off my cap eventually. I think it's 17-18 degrees, but I got that from a web page where the temp was taken near some river that enters cda lake. After the swim we headed back to our hotels. This time we took the bikes and drove back to cda to see about race wheels for me. I rented wheels from racedaywheels.com, they set them up and then we went and rode the run course. It was a beautiful day!! I did a few pickups to race pace, nothing hard(IM pace isn't hard for minutes at a time right??). The wheels feel really good, I was a bit apprehensive at first about usin a disc, never rode with one before. I'm quite stable with it, although there wasn't much wind to really test them out with. Then back to the hotels and off for dinner. As I mentioned we went to Mongolian BBQ for dinner and I had two big bowls of stirfry with a ton of veggies, it was yummmmmyy.

That's pretty much it for now, tomorrow will be a really relaxed day. We've done really all the necessary stuff till Saturday, we just have a couple workouts to do. Can't really call these short easy things workouts can you???? Anywho all we got is maybe a short dip, jog, then later we'll go to the pasta thing in the evening on site. Sorry Cam we're takin a few pictures here and there but I forgot the cord to upload the pics onto this laptop so unfortunately I can't get any pics off the camera. Sorry bout that. :( Only my descriptions for posts. Pictures would be much better boooo. Over,

DP

7 comments:

Trevor Oseen said...

Get Curtis to say hi to the proprietor at the LL BW as that is the hotel we always stay at and ironically, where we first met Cam and the only reason why I would know you fantastic dudes.

Puts a tear in my eye when I read your update as I can see exactly what you guys are doing.

Susan and I will be with you two in spirit over the next few days.

Rip 'er up!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Awesome - so exciting that the race is here! That's good the water is a decent temperature; I keep hearing reports that it is absolutely freezing but none of these people could be Canadian!

Best of luck on sunday! You will do great! And enjoy the disc wheel!

Anonymous said...

well said Trevor.Yes I wish I was there as well.Sounds like you are having a good time!Gotta go get my run in right now,then back to work!!!!Cam.

runningman said...

Yeah no kidding, lots of good memories here for sure. I also remember meeting Trevor for the first time waiting for that traffic light right across from transition. Thanks Lisa the water was ok today again, a lil more choppy though. And of course all the other well wishers from other posts you guys rock!! I'll think of all of you on the course sunday. Lots of time to think on the bike.... but hopefully not too much time. lol

goSonja said...

Troy, Annie and I ate Mongolian BBQ on Thursday night too. And that is just strange! I have some GOODIES for you. What are you up to Saturday. I'm going for a short run, then bike, then swim per CV instruction. We should try to meet! do you have my number?

Dano said...

Good luck to you and Curtis tomorrow Darryl!! You have worked hard, time to reap the rewards!

i am Susan said...

We are tracking you and sending you positive vibes.