Friday, December 3, 2010

Back running

What can I say, I'm a runner at heart.  I absolutely love running.  It doesn't matter on the technique, or equipment, my income, or maintenance(other than on my body).  All I do is head out the door and put one foot in front of the other rinse and repeat right Cam?  I tried sking a bit and I really do love it too, but it's just not running.  For the sking I have to take more time to do it.  It takes longer to get ready, then I usually have to get to the trail(if there is a trail), and to get a good workout in I have to do an hour minimum.  So yeah, I'm gonna hit up the running again.  I want to ski a couple times a month though, it is awesome cross training.  But I def. won't take it as serious as I at first planned on doing, and probably won't be doing the Berkie like I really wanted to do.  I dun know, maybe I'll change my mind again, stay tuned I guess.

So what will I do??  I will run, and tentatively do the Calgary marathon.  I've never done my home town race, the full that is.  I need to get over my fear of the marathon.  My last two marathons didn't go well and I'd like to get the confidence back that I can go the full distance... at "race pace" what ever that means.  lol  Then after that, I'm still looking at ultras, I may sign up for a couple and let my body decide.  They're cheap compared to Ironmans, if I sign up for a couple then end up not starting it won't kill the pocket book too badly.  :P

Last year I ran mostly outside during the winter, with some key workouts on the tready/track at the talisman.  This year I signed up at a gym in my neighborhood.  It's actually 24 hours so I could run at midnight if I want.  So I will combine outdoor when it's warmer, indoor when cold or I want to run in the light.  :P  Cheers,

DP

4 comments:

chris mcpeake said...

Is it really possible to get over the fear of the Marathon?

Julie said...

I think it is hilarious after all the IM's you've done and you area afraid of a piddly little marathon. LMAO!

I know it is a different thing, but you are such an awesome runner, and have AMAZING experience at what it takes to suck it up, grit it out and get 'er done.

I think you are going to surprise yourself, Darryl... ;)

In fact, I KNOW you are a lot more hardcore than you realize. You are going to rock the marathon. Trust me. :) :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

You are correct!nothing fills the void like running.I feel the same.ski and run all winter,you will be in good shape for the Calgary marathon.talk to you soon Cam Tinley! Lol!!!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Glad to hear you're back running! I'm sure the skiing will provide some good cross-training benefits, but there is nothing quite like running in terms of fitness/convenience!