Thursday, December 16, 2010

Epic Run

Yesterday Curtis and I finally got out for another run.  He's extremely busy these days so we had to schedule it for the evening at 9:30.  We only left my house at somthing like 9:45.  We have loads of runs at times like these(in years past), even in winter.  We are alike that way, both night owls, both like the night time runs.  It was only about -9 and we headed south along the bow river around my favorite 11-13 mile loop.  Took the long way which gave us 12.3 miles.  Most of it was actually scraped, but it seems the scraped part is almost more dangerous as it can have melted/frozen water on it.  The good part is last night it was super bright outside.  I brought my head lamp that I got for sking but didn't need it cause it was so bright outside you could see the path well enough without it.  We met several deer and scare a few hundred ducks crossing the footbridge by the dog park.  The only hard part was the hills and the single track before the dog park.  My hips/legs are a bit sore from that as you get thrown a bit back and forth and have to tighten up each time that happens to compensate.  Thanks for the run Curtis,

DP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That run sounded like slot of fun,sorry I missed it.

Trevor Oseen said...

Thanks for the invite... J/k, busy as heck and will finally start my training for Dubai on Jan 21 tomorrow with a 10 miler.