Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Enjoyed yesterday's swim

Hey,

I had a pretty good swim finally, I might actually admit that I enjoyed it again!!  I've been steadily swimming twice a week for maybe a month.  I know it's not a lot, but that's all I can do for now.  Late winter, maybe spring I'll add the third swim, and more later.  Anyways yesterday I finally started to feel some swim fitness.  I was kinda surprised as with the 2 swims it's really hard to improve.  Anyways yesterday I did a warmup of 500m and then did 10x100 on 2 minutes.  At first I thought I should go on 2:10 but I thought I'd give 2 a go, I can always adjust after a few.  I was happily surprised that I was getting adequate rest, hitting the wall on 1:40 so 20 secs was perfect.  I also did every other with pull, which helped a bit.  I had someone in my lane who was just a touch slower than me.  So every time I catch him I rest on his toes till the wall, and then giver.  The 10 went by fairly easily, did some more pull and that came to 2k in 45 min.  Pretty good for November.  Cheers,

DP

No comments: