Saturday, November 19, 2011

Training indoors

Hey blog,

My wife and I have been training at the local gym!  I'm actually enjoying running on the treadmill.  I don't know why, maybe I'm a freak, but it's fun to run hard and make that tready motor hummmmm.  The hum turns into a whirrrr at about 10 mph ;).  I'm also riding in the basement about 3 times a week so far.  No more than 2 hours yet at a time.  I think I'll wait till later and watch hockey again while I ride.  This seems to be good to pass the time, and I'm really enjoying cheering for my Winterpeg Jets!!  Go Jets GO!!!  I'm not swimming more than 2 times a week yet.  This year I think I'll hold off on the 3x and maybe even 4x till later so I don't start to hate it that much.  Although it's really hard to improve on 2x a week.  I've found I just improve a bit and then just stay at that level till I add a swim, improve a bit, then add another swim, etc.  Oh well the training is going well over all, and my weight has stayed off.  Other years I've tended to gain a bunch in winter and have to train it off when spring/summer hits.  Not this year, I'm keeping it off, which is really nice for the running.  Not so nice for keeping warm though when the wife wants to keep the house cooler than I do.  I wear sweaters constantly in the house, somtimes more than one over a tee-shirt.  ha ha.  That's it for now, make sure you all our cheering my buddy Cam on tomorrow in AZ.  Check his blog for daily updates on his adventures.  Out,

DP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi D, Thanks for the race plug! & the support for Az. Tough as always, but I am looking forward to racing ironman again & def. faster than this race(lol)
Keep up the training. I will give you a call to get together when I am in town next, Cam.