Tuesday, January 29, 2008

sleep is my friend

Heya,

I feeeel great, I had a whopping 10 hours of sleep last night. I got home after the gym, felt tired and went to bed at 10 o'clock. Maybe it's the cold weather outside that inspired me to do so I'm not sure, either way I feel good today. Ready to pwn noobs(gamer term) in the pool.

Some bad news, I went and tryed out a used Trek TTX 9.5. Kyle Marcotte is selling his and it's a really good price $2500. If anyone else is interested it doesn't fit me anyways. :( It's a bit small for me, my knees touch my elbows(54 cm). It's in really good condition and I totally would have gotten it if it had fit. Oh well, so it goes.

Susan, Curtis and I go to a YMCA near the fish creek train station. They have a tri clinic or class on right now. I think it's 22 sessions, tuesdays and thursdays. This is the second one in a row we've joined. This time's coach actually helps us, last time around it was basically just a guy giving us work outs. It's a bit crowded, and it's a 25 yard pool, but I like turns and swimming with a group. We basically do lots of drills tues. and a harder work out thursday when we have more lanes. If you do want to join, it'll be a bit crowded, but in my honest opinion we have to get used to swimming in grps anyways so I like it. It's a fun grp, and Curtis and I usually get together Sunday's on our own. We both have gotten to like the Y, the atmosphere is great too as we know most of the guards already and they are friendly. Every bit helps to get you to the pool. If you do want to join later on they do pro-rate it, so you'd only pay for the sessions that you do get. Who knows maybe there is another one after this, I'm sure we'd sign up again. Maybe we'll convince this coach to teach it again. Tues, Thurs 8:30-9:30 and you can swim till 9:45 which we often do cause we'd get our own lane then. Cheers,

Darryl

No comments: