Friday, January 25, 2008

swim swim swim

Hey,

AquaMan and myself had an awsome swim yesterday. I'm feeling so fit right now in the pool I'm scared I'm going to loose it between now and Ironman. I did like 3500yards yesterday and I felt so strong doing it. Course I've had some stroke correction. Aquaman and myself really like the new coach, she's helped us both so much already. I concentrate on having a relaxed forearm in the recovery so I don't waste energy(bent arm vs the usual tri straight arm). Oh well I'll try to keep this going into spring, then summer. I imagine it'll drop a bit in summer when all the biking starts. I started out a little much as Cam pointed out. I'll back off some, but not too much. I want a good base as I've said before so I can do the big miles. I want to go a lot faster and I know for myself I'll need to do a bit more hours then Cam prescribes to do that. I really want to do Kona some year, def. not this year, maybe the next??? Big dreams I know, but I'll do what I can, if it's not good enough I'll still be happy. I'm still thrilled to be an Ironman finisher. Maybe Cam and others can confirm, I bet the first one is one of the more special finishes. Cheers

Darryl

Oh yeah a birdie told me that a certain Calgary Pro is selling last seasons TT bike for a steal of a deal, cross your fingers that it won't be sold already and that it fits me. :) I'll talk more about that later if it pans out I don't want to jinx it.

1 comment:

i am Susan said...

Trev and I could use a swim coach. Where did you find your coach??