Monday, November 17, 2008

bad bad girl friend

Got your attention eh? No it has nothing to do with this post, things are going well in the Penner house hold. I'm still deciding which gym to join, I need a treadmill to run on since the weather is getting colder. Here are my Pros and Cons of joining Wow(workout world):

Pros

1. Wow is cheaper. Even if I'm forced to pay for swimming too.

2. Lisa's membership is there so I can push her and have her push me to getter done.

3. Wow is closer to work, but who knows what the future holds I may move locations?

4. Wow is on the way home for Lisa, so even if I don't work here much longer I could meet her here.

5. Wow rocks and has been home for years, yes I've even been there longer then Chad and Leslie which brings me into the next Pro.

6. Chad and Leslie workout there, need I say more?!?!?!

7. Jeez didn't think I'd get to #7 the gym is low key, .... I like low key.

8. I'd def. save time by doing my running close to work(for now at least) I'd be able to run at lunches.

Cons:

1. I'd have to dish out for swimming still

2. I'd have two locations to work out at, the pool and then Wow

3. I'd have to swim late evenings so I can do the 5 buck last 1.5 hour thing

4. I'd never get the use of a track, the talisman centre I'd be able to run on the track somtimes.

5. hmmmm can't think of anything more, looks like my Pros are winning this. Off I go to wow I guess, although I was kinda getting excited about getting all my workouts done under one roof.

In other news I just checked my buddy Cam's race #, make sure you all cheer him on in Arizona. He's an awesome guy I met in a marathon of all places. Yes we started talking(more him then me, ha ha I think I remember even telling him to shut up :) ) and I was cranky(bad race for me) after the race. But him and Curtis exchanged addresses and I got the info when I signed up for my first IM. He was a big help in my first year prep'ing for IM. He took me under his wing, gave me advice, and also helped me race weekend. Anyways he'll be in Arizona, send him your positive vibes, maybe check out his blog and write him a note. Somthing like GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 904, or Matt(his son)'s fav. line is Lay the smack down Dad!! Check out his post on History & the Future, I'm jealous, I know my Dad would have fit the life style and would have made a Great IM finisher. Go Cam!


904
DAWES
CAM
39
M
AGE
M35-39
GOLDEN

5 comments:

Keith said...

Darryl. Don't play with my brain like that. You had me all excited, thinking there was a pool at WoW. It's so close to work, closer than Renfrew even. Then I figured out you were meaning that you'd have to pay for swimming above that. Sigh. I guess I'll keep my City membership when it renews in a few weeks. I always look at Talisman, and it's a beautiful facility, but it's just not particularly convenient for me.

Julie said...

The pros just totally overwhelm the cons -- especially with Lisa going there too! And Chad and Leslie! :) :)

Go Cam go!!!!!! :) :) :)

Leslie said...

I think you should stay at WOW. Lisa, Chad, and ME....you should be sold on that alone:):):) AND we go swimming in the evenings a talisman!

Susi said...

lisa, chad and leslie are members?? well then that's all the reasoning you need dude! sign up!

will send positive vibes to cam. my friend debi and her hubby are racing there too. yay!

i am Susan said...

Go to Gold's and train with the Oseens : )