Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm on to you Trevor..... stalker

Hey all,

Last week was ok, we're getting settled in our new house(we're buying less furniture for me to put together). I think I got 4 runs in and one swim?? Yes that's right I did go swimming wednesday but I did get bribed to go with wings/beer after. We celebrated Greg's latest Ironman and he told again how his race went.

Yesterday Curtis and I were going to go running in the morning, however he bailed. He hurt his back/neck, arg I know how that is. I hurt my neck really bad a couple weeks ago, I actually went to the hospital cause I was in a lot of pain. What's with all this back/neck pain??? Are we getting old or what? Anyways I bailed too and went back to sleep. I really like sleeping and am probably the laziest triathlete ever!! Anyways we went out did a bunch of stuff, went grocery shopping later(we finally learned about going shopping when there's less people) and met Trevor/Susan there. Man I was surprised to see him, didn't look like he was surprised. Hmmmmm were they following us?!?!?! Anyways he lives close so maybe we'll have to get some quick runs in before winter really hits us. By quick I mean soon not as in fast running, just to clarify.

We got home pretty late and I still felt guilty about not having run yet. Yes it did come up in the conversation with Trevor, maybe that's part of the reason I put on my shoes and headed out the door. Once I get going I'm fine, running along the river there are some colder patches. This evening there were even some of those near the snowy patches. I ran quite aways in a direction I hadn't explored yet. Although I believe I have run here before. I ran for about 32.5 minutes, had my Garmin on so I could get the distance. I made a wrong turn on the way back so I had to back track for a sec. It was right around the area where I saw a couple deer, maybe they distracted me. A neighbor guy was out with his dog who I said hello to, it's nice to have friendly neighbors. I'm trying to do my part by greeting most who I meet on my travels. It's amazing how far this goes, just think about it. If someone greets you with a friendly "Hello" or "How's it going?" how much doesn't this lift your spirits and how much sooner aren't you ready to pass the greeting on to the next person you come apon. Just a thought, I'm trying to be more out going, not just while I run. I got home in 64:50 woooo even with the extra running on the way home I negative splitted(ran the second half faster). I had actually picked up the pace quite a bit, my average pace was 7:37 per mile. But it was harder then it should have been. Anyways today's a good day, why? Cause tomorrow's another day off woooo hooooooooo. Have a good day everyone. Cheers,

Darryl

6 comments:

Jenna said...

lol...don;t worry i am not loosing it as fast as i would like to.....

i am Susan said...

Ha Ha...You better watch out...you never know when we're watching you: )

It was good seeing you and Lisa.

i am Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Hahahaha!!

I often forget the differences of urban versus rural living. Saying "Hello, how are you?" is a staple here in the Pass -- you would be considered an ALIEN if you didn't follow suit! Hahahaha!!

I remember one business trip I took to Edmonton -- I went out for an early morning run. I didn't see anyone when I started out, but on the return trip, I kept coming across people. Every person I would say, "Good morning!" to, and no one would respond. I didn't clue in until one man actually responded with a startled, "Oh! Good morning!" He was pushing a shopping cart -- he was a homeless guy. Geesh, eh?

I know I also revealed my utter hickness when visiting Susi this summer. She was driving, and I would roll down the passenger window to wave at each cyclist we passed. Umm -- I didn't know there were THAT many cyclists in Cochrane/Calgary!! It's just what we do out here in my neck of the woods!! Hahahahahaha!!

So -- by the way, how are you doing today, Darryl? ;)

runningman said...

lol yeah Julie you'll notice in the big city it's the homeless people that are the friendliest. That's sad isn't it? I think I wrote about that in a previous post, it was the homeless person that wished me a hmmmm some holiday I can't remember but a "happy fillinholidayhere!" Susan, sorry I opened my big mouth, I'm glad the kids weren't listening, hee hee.

Trevor Oseen said...

Good to see you FINALLY have decent neighbors. If you ever need me to make you feel guilty about skipping just ask... :)