Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Greg said I had to post so here goes

Ok so here's my blogger debut ..... again. I've been off for a bit getting fat, Jen's loosing it someone has to gain it??? It's like the balance of nature? But then again there must be like a dozen more gaining it so maybe I should start getting fit? A birdie told me we could go for wings/beer if I go swimming tonight so I may just start that out too!!

Ok to update people, I'll try to do this quick since I doubt anyone will even read this it's been that long since my last post. We moved into our new house, lots of work, buying new furniture, cleaning. Then I had to clean a very very dirty apartment. Good thing we got married before Lisa helped with the apartment, she may have changed her mind ha ha ha. We bought a kitchen table, a whole bedroom furniture set(2 dressers, 2 night tables, big dresser table with mirror) and Lisa's uncle helped me put that stuff together. We also got a couple desks with chairs for super cheap at Office depot. We still have to re-shingle the roof, but I think it can wait till next year. I'm gonna do it myself since contrators charge an arm and a leg for labour and I need those things for IMC.

I was planning on doing the last chance half marathon, but there's no way I will do that. I can barely pull through that distance with out stopping to walk, so I'll start running again but it'll be just to start building a base and getting fit again. I'll need to loose a few pounds too. I've thought brieftly about maybe trying for the Vancouver marathon, but right now it's just a thought. The running that I have done in my new neighborhood is second to none!!! I have many dif. routes along the river, the fall colors, air, animals rock!! I've seen plenty of deer, nearly ran into them and on one run saw a porky pine up in a tree. I thought of Julie calling me Dr. Dolittle, I'm not so sure I spot stuff like that better then others, but I def. do not take it for granted, I'm a nature boy at heart.

Ok that's it for now, I'll try to type more later. Maybe I could even add pics of the new pad? Do a little house tour for all of you? I absolutely love it, everything I wanted in a house!!! Cheers, I"ll try to read more blogs now too, I've been slacking in the commenting dept. too You know what they say, "Comment and they will come!" (at least to my blog that is). Cheers again, take care everybody, laterz,

Darryl

EDIT: Oh I put up a poll that starts on the day we moved or got the keys for our new house Oct 14. I haven't been running much, only 4 or 5 runs in 3 weeks. I know very bad, but I hope to do some more running outside even in winter. Oh and the skater punk saying that his balls hurt does not count(he was making fun of my shorts I only caught on later) it wasn't negative more like a joke. I ran sunday and tuesday so far this week, both outside and yesterday in the snow. Oh and some more helpful info, it takes roughly 7 min for me to get to the river, so not much "city" running.

6 comments:

Susi said...

did you ACTUALLY go swimming, or just show up for the beer and wings?! haha. greg and i were debating that before you guys were to meet.

definitely post pics of the house - and when is the housewarming?! we'll have to get julie bo bulie here for that one too.

Trevor Oseen said...

I see you have managed to pull yourself out of your pile of wings and beer and gave us an update!

runningman said...

You guys still check this thing? I totally expected 0 comments for the first couple of posts.

Julie said...

Party? Count me in! And yes, my dear Darryl -- I've been hopefully checking your blog waiting for an update! YAY!! Welcome back!

Nice to hear the doctor is in too -- LOL!!

i am Susan said...

Hey Mr. Runningman! I've back on the wagon to living a healthy lifestyle. It's only been 3 days and the weekends are usually what kill me. but, Man, was I ever feeling gross from indulging in chocolates and not working out enough.

I can't wait for the pics of the house...I love that kind of stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hi D,Glad to see you are back at it.I dont know about others,But I read your blog all the time!

I am looking forward to AZ!!!Your race at Canada definatly sparked me up!

Glad to see that you moved in & are getting life stuff organized.Give me a call or I will try to talk to you before I go next weekend,Later,Cam.