Wednesday, September 9, 2009

R&R, Random thoughts, boys trip??

Hey all,

I still haven't done a thing other than drink pop, eat chips, fast food, deserts, etc. I'm living the good life ahhhhhhhhhh. What?? what is this nawing away at my mind?? More exercise? More goals? Faster times??? Why would I want to do another such race? Weird how when you're approching race day all I want is for the day to be done, and now I'm already looking ahead to the next one. It's important to always have goals though, as soon as you get close to accomplishing one, make the next one. Not to say that I'm not living in the present(see I do learn stuff from my blogger buddies, guess which one I'm referring to now?) I'm really enjoying the down time. I'm renewing my mind, body, and soul. Doing all the things I missed when I was training, most of all spending time with my wife. However I am planning ahead, I'm excited about how things went this year, but I'm also looking ahead, how I can improve, how I can race faster.

Next year I'm doing CDA, it's an earlier race so it'll be more difficult to improve on this year's race for two reasons. The first is that it'll be my 4th IM, they keep getting faster, but the time improvements are going down. I'm getting closer to that perfect race. The second is that there will be less outdoor riding available before race day, cda is a June race.

Last year my focus was the bike, and this year looking at IMC I still need to improve the bike. My swim won't improve much, and my run improves as my bike improves. Ride stronger, get off feeling better which allows for a better marathon. Also run lots during the winter, crank up the riding during the summer when I can and the running fitness holds. This year(for next year's race) I'll again have to focus on the bike. To do this, since cda is so early I'll have to log a lot more trainer time. Learn to lovvvvvvvvvvvvvve the trainer. Those of you that know me know this will be a chore. Last year I rode 4 days a week. This year if I want to improve I'll have to up this to 5-6 days aweek. I also want to add a big block of riding before I even start the big build. There is a good possibilty I'll be doing a bike challenge, min of 20 min a day.

As for the boys epic trip. I just don't know yet, I'm still kinda leaning towards a fall marathon in 2010. Sorry Cam I know you want to do an IM trip, here is why both those ones you mentioned are out for me. St. George, well that's just too damn early, Arizona is also bad timing. I'll already have done an IM in the year(I'll never do more than one a year unless one of them is Kona) and also that time of year is reserved for one IM location only. Speaking of fall, can't really plan too much of anything for fall, what if I qualify for Hawaii? hmmmm I don't know....are there any other ideas?? Curtis you haven't given any ideas yet.

DP

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

D,Do the ironman race for fun/base training!!!I emailed ya already with some other ideas...Let me know what ya think???

Trevor Oseen said...

I will get the updated Matrix later today!

i am Susan said...

I like your goals. I think if I didn't have any goals or wasn't signed up for some sort of race at any given time I wouldn't want to exercise. Life is so much easier with goals. Nothing like reaching your goals...Dinner with the gang sound like fun.

Keith said...

Beer?!? What about the beer?

runningman said...

Keith I had 4 on monday or tuesday?? and 1 yesterday too, I think I have a few more coronas. :)