Friday, September 11, 2009

Running down a dream

Hey all,

I have to appoligize for the last post. I believe I said I hadn't done any training. I had already gone mountain biking with some friends last saturday. Also should appoligize to Keith for leaving out the beer drinking. I swear I've been drinking too!! Ask Lisa I polished off a 12 pack/case yesterday that I purchased friday or saturday. So anyways this week I thought I'd keep with the mountain biking theme and I went for a longish ride with "the tank" in fish creek park on wednesday. Man that thing is heavvvvvvvvy, and I have a pretty decent hard tail trek 8000, it doesn't have any rear suspension but it's a good bike. Almost pulled my arm out carrying the tank down stairs after. Yesterday I ran when I came home, just 30 min with a walk in between. I walked along the bow river for a bit, I'm seriously thinking of taking up fly fishing. When I was a kid I fished a ton, wanted to become a guide "when I grow up". I used to subscribe to fishing magazines and would watch the shows, I learnt a ton. Yesterday as I walked along the shoreline I schemed where I would cast if I had my rod with me. Not to brag or anything but I'd usually kick my friends' butts in the fishing, ohhhhh yes fishing is competitive. No rod though not today, maybe I will get some new line for it and try this weekend?? I guess I'd need to get a license. I need another hobby to take up my time while the training is minimal. I'm looking foward to running with Curtis this weekend. Sorry for the random thoughts, I'd name the title that but I think I've worn out that title already. Today's title isn't really related except I really like the song by Tom Petty, and I keep thinking about the ultimate triathlon dream of mine. I will keep running it down(literally and figuratively) till I achieve it. Over and out,

DP

4 comments:

Kelly B. said...

For you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tjYoKCBYag

Keith said...

Random thoughts are good. If fly fishing works for you, and the Bow is one of the best rivers in the world for that, then go for it. Get your mind out of the tri groove for a while. You'll be faster for it next year.

Glad to hear there has been beer!

Julie said...

I've taken out my mountain bike already too -- heh-heh-heh. I love the differences. :) :)

I have been swimming quite a bit, but only ran once -- man, I only went for 20 minutes and barely made it back home and into bed. LOL!!

Trevor Oseen said...

Thanks for picture comment. Were you the one that took that picture or was it Sherman, I can't remember... But yeah, that will be tucked away for a long time.