Monday, January 16, 2012

Almost done the Christmas celebrations

I had two this weekend and although I didn't over eat at either of them.  It sure did havoc on my stomach.  Friday's workout was good, did 5x5min on the bike @ 115% of ftp.  The ride was really tough, this is obvious as it's impossible to get the right wattage without a "warmup" interval.  So my first was a bit low, but after that I was able to nail them all with 5 minutes rest between.  Then saturday I did a longer spin and a short run.  I was going to run harder but my stomach was beginning to give me problems.  Then sunday was going to turn part of my long run into a tempo, but again stomach.  grrrrrr, oh well I got the time in.  This week will be better, colder too eh?  Guess that means more treadmill running.  Today I'm gonna try a swim group for somthing different.  I find I have trouble pushing myself with out others in my lane.  So even though I hear this grp does other strokes, I will give it a go.  From the looks of things(from me watching them before my solo swims) it looks like they do lots of free too, and I am able to do all the strokes cept fly so I should get by.  I can do one armed fly, I'm ok with that.  Keep warm blogger buddies,

DP

PS:  About almost being done the celebrations, this next weekend is the last one, but it's at a really fancy tasty Italian restaurant so I'm sooooo looking forward to it.  Especially when someone else picks up the cheque eh?  lol

3 comments:

Keith said...

One arm fly, I'll have to remember that. I'm good at that one. Two armed fly now, that one I can't do.

Call me a heretic, but all the other strokes do is make it longer to get your swim milage in.

Julie said...

Christmas celebrations STILL going on? LOL!! Someone has to let your peeps know that December is over. Hahahah!

I love, love, love swimming with my Masters group. I can only do a little fly, and always revert to 1-arm fly too. I've found that learning the different strokes has helped my swim fitness and my feel for the water. Especially back stroke. Back stroke has taught me so much about free. Whatever works I guess!

Great job on your bike session! You are going to have to add "bikingman" to your name soon! :) :)

You guys should come down here for a reunion -- we could have a little swim camp. The Pincher pool is always quiet. I have an underwater camera now! Just sayin'....

runningman said...

One armed fly is like a free with a dolphin kick uh? The swim wasn't too bad, little too much IM for my liking, but what helped is when I told the instructor my speed per 100 I think she misunderstood and put me in with two guys that were clearly faster than I am. Yikes that pushes you though, and they were really nice about it. The only problem is as most triathletes I'm quite lopsided where my free is clearly my fastest. So I nearly keep up on that, but when we switch to IM, well then I'm wayyy behind. Did I mention it's a free group? All I pay is admission and I can attend this class. I need to get creative to keep motivated in the water so I may do this at least once a week for somthing different, and like you said Juile little bit of "cross training" helps. Thanks for your comments, and I will consider the offer Juilie. Are you doing IM distance races around IMC time? Doing long rides this summer?