Friday, January 20, 2012

Coldest run day(outdoor) of the year

Went for a run at lunch.  I couldn't do the tready thing today as I wanted to get a head start on the training(friday is usually date night, or some form of it) so I def. had to run outside.  It was ok and sometimes it's nice to simply HTFU and run outside no matter what Mother Nature throws at you, eh friends?  There's something satisfying about heading out and running wind chill be damned!  So I went anyways, but it did have it's consequences.  I froze my fingers while running into the wind, also froze my nosey, as well as my *cough *cough male parts.  Wowzers I forgot how much that hurts to thaw out in the shower.  That brings back cold Manitoba winter running memories.  Anyways I got the run done, outside!!  In only minus 20, but with the windchill it was -30.  Lots colder than my coldest one this year.  Did a bike spin when I got home too(inside for that).  I'm so far so good with your challenge Cam, although I one upped you, sorry but I've got a hour minimum every day this month.  My legs are feeling it a bit today, fatigue is creeping up on me.  Good thing tomorrow is just a long spin, maybe a short run.  k, back to our movie, have a great weekend all,

DP

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hahahaha! That wind is an absolute killer. After a cold run last week, I told Mike to touch my bum. He said, "OW! That's cold! How do run like that?" Good question! Hahahaha!