Friday, October 22, 2010

Jenna did you mean to kick me ??? /cry

I don't have access.  If not please add me with darryl dot penner at gmale dot come.  If you did I'm sorry and I'll leave you alone.  Take care anyways.  I am a bit of a creeper I realize.

Anyways I had an awesome run yesterday!!!  I'm finally starting to feel some fitness creeping back into my legs, even though I still run with a bit of a belly.  My weight is still up, but of course I won't loose that over night, I think I'm down about 3 pounds??  I was up to like 187ish, and my absolute lowest has been 160, 165 was racing weight.  So yeah I'm a bit of a fatty, but I'm loosing again, down to 183.  So getting back to yesterday's run.  The weather was sooo nice, 20 degrees during the day.  I went out almost right away after work.  Did my favorite loop, 11.5 miles.  Did it at a pretty snappy pace, for me 7:41 average I believe.  That hard run I did 2 days ago where I ended up walking really boosted my fitness.  Probably made my body remember some of it's fitness from earlier this year. 

I started out at like a 7:50 mile and I thought this would be a bit quick for a 11.5 mile run so I talked myself down, or tried to anyways.  I assumed my body would slow down like I told it to, but that didn't happen.  Next mile about 7:45, then faster and faster, I couldn't help it, I moved up or down to a 7:30 pace.  I even ran 7:50 for the mile with the big hill.  The poop fairy tried to visit me, but I fought her off many times despite the abdominal pain that resulted.  I remember back running in Manitoba, my coach/friend at the time would call it "Crap Disease"  ha ha I had a good chuckle remembering that.  Anyways kept the miles up and the sun went down as I ran.  It's interesting how the temp plummets in fall when the sun goes down.  Even if it's warm during the day, it always cools off for night time.  Never saw any wild life, I looked for it, but nothing. Came up on this hot chick walking near my house though, wistled at her a couple times.  She turned around and blushed.  Then I realized it was my wife!! 

In other news, I'm gonna head off to the ski sale today to hopefully pick up some used skis.  Then we're off for yoga today, we as in Lisa and I.  We were gonna go yesterday, but after the longish run I convinced her to go today since I don't want an episode like the last time I went to yoga dehydrated(I got sick).  Over and out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the ski shopping!Remember:CARBON FIBER POLES are soooooooooooo Cooooooooool & Hightek & expensive,but would make you 2 seconds faster & less fatigued.& faster than those 9 year old ski bunnies.LOL.No seriously you should be able to get a good deal on gear at the swap.I look forward to seeing what ya get...

Julie said...

I'm kicked out too!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOHOO!!! Jenna -- invite me!!!!!

Keith said...

Me three!

Susi said...

well now...i'm going to have to see what's up!

Amber Dawn said...

I was going to break my dry streak of posting to do the same thing and call out Jenna for making her blog private and not inviting me!! LOL
JENNA WE MISS YOU!!

Heather said...

Hey don't forget about me Jenna!

Jenna said...

Ok - this is funny shit people!! I just locked it down for a wee bit of time to straighten a few things out in my life - which included the deletion of a post or two....lol. I love you all and missed you too!!!